Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Swords don't actually make a metallic sound coming out because that means something is rubbing the edge and making it blunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Garrand posted:

I'm no, memeologist, but I thought the point of the nobody: format was to be an ironic "I'm so obsessed with this thing that I bring it up at any possible opportunity, even when nobody asks", like with stupid trivia or bizarre lore theories and poo poo.

E:which I guess would go along with that second one

I envisage it as a desert scene, distant clouds, a faint wind stirs the sagebrush.

Then: MY FARTS SMELL LIKE LEMON POOP

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

caspergers posted:

I've got a story about one such person. So I went to a bar and ran into a friend of a friend whom I didn't really know. We were both trying to get laid I guess, but there weren't any girls at the bar so we just went back to my place to hang out for a bit. no we did not gently caress . We throw on a movie and we're both pretty drunk and hungry, so I microwave some rotel dip that my grandma made. He tries some and is like, "Oh yeah that isn't hot enough, warm that up a little more." I just wanna please my company so i did and he tries it again but it still isn't hot enough. So I microwave it like three more times until he is satisfied. Of course by that time, he's the only one eating it because it's too hot for me to eat. Happy for him tho

I don't know who the gently caress raised this dude, when I feel like it's just common sense that when you go to a random stranger's house, you do not bitch about the coldness of the food they've offered you. What a poo poo head

That's when you point at the microwave and say there you go

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

exquisite tea posted:

The joke is that you think you will see me, but haha, I have seen you first. That's all there is to it.

No! Incorrect. It's not if I see you first, making it clear that the interlocutor will change their DNA into that of a different human if they see the other prior to their own perception by him or her.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

run on sentience posted:

I'm now thinking about the implications of

See you in hell!

Not if I see you first!

which I have heard somewhere before.

They're both gonna be in hell, so he can't really re-murder the guy? Is he going to leave to a different torture district if he sees him at the lake of fire?

https://twitter.com/CMGaldre/status/1015863541813817344?lang=en

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

for fucks sake posted:

The refrain, "-eezer Goode, -eezer Goode, he's Ebeneezer Goode" from "Ebeneezer Goode" is not, in fact, a contraction of the titular character's first name, but rather the phrase "E's are good", and in fact the whole song promotes the benefits of taking ecstasy.

But.... Drugs are illegal

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Sebmojo walks into a drugstore. "Excuse me where is the illegal aisle?"

:shobon:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

My brother told me that velodrome came from the Latin velus, to cycle

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gaius Marius posted:

Triangles are pretty neat

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hyperlynx posted:

Wait, hang on. Are those zodiac symbols meant to be constellation diagrams? These ones: ♈♉♊♋♌♍♎♏♐♑♒♓⛎

:golfclap:

No.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Captain Splendid posted:

Asterisk and Obelisk

He's called asterix because he's the star of the comic

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Grassy Knowles posted:

he's called that because his records are historical but marred by doping

Ahahahha

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yeah it's literally just occurred to me he probably means crackheads

Though now I really want a side story about the Crime Plumbers

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Apparently pipe hitter also means someone who is super hardcore in the Marines so now I don't know what to think

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Milo and POTUS posted:

Birds are way cooler than bugs though

Birds are cooler than bugs

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Torquemada posted:

grrrrronyarrrr (add the merest suggestion of a 'd' at the end).

there's no d, and you roll the r's (apologies if you're french and I'm just wrong, but afaik you never say the final consonant without an 'e')

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Captain Splendid posted:

Rolling r's isn't a feature of French accents from France, it's all in the back of the mouth.

The d is indeed silent

https://forvo.com/word/grognard/#fr

oh sorry, that's what i was meaning, you're right of course. what's the word for that back of the throat R

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yeah that's what it is called idk what to tell u

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

Sounds like the eyes your doctors work on have little or no optic nerve service loop. Code specifies 6 inches, at least here, but that's only for the initial setup, if the nerve has to be re-terminated (such as if the eye is replaced or the splice goes bad) you're gonna lose about an inch each time, but you generally want to run a whole new nerve once you get down real short, so you don't end up in an emergency having to redo it.
/

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mescal posted:

Getting the last word in

Lol

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

DontMockMySmock posted:

"tough luck" is the PG version of the phrase, and, I assume, "tough titties" is derived from it.

Nz version is stiff biccies

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It used to mean that back before we had mechanical clocks (the phrase goes back to at least 1370 according to the OED) but it hasn't actually meant that in practice for a long time now. In the 1952 movie High Noon Gary Cooper was always glancing at his pocket watch or the clock on the wall as it got closer to noon, he wasn't running outside to check a sun dial or the length of the shadows

If you can find an example where they stand around measuring the shadows before they agree to start the shoot out I'll concede the point but I don't like your chances, lol

Huh, noon is a corruption of the ninth hour (nona hora), and it used to be 3pm because monks got up at 6. TIL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Torquemada posted:

The video for Total Eclipse is loving wild, it's full of pale young men in singlets with shiny eyes prancing around a dollar store version of Hogwarts. Bonnie Tyler is apparently the new Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher, wardrobe from the Nordstroms in the Eden Prairie Mall circa 1982.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsgWUq0fdKk

A classic of the Old Internet