Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I don't have anything to add to this conversation I just want to quote this and say I love this drawing of this dude screaming his god damned head off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
EEEEYYYEAAAAGGGHHHH - Pteroppossum, twenty four goddamn seven most likely

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Bats are bugs, ergo Barts are burgs, Borts are Borgs, hats are hugs, and bats are bugs :eyepop:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There wasn't enough room in the panel for the full sentence so he shortened the word 'naturally'.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Earth 1.01 Patch Notes:

- Fixed bugged bats
- Updated character class of bats to 'insect', reduced STR accordingly

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The caps on my prescription medicine bottles have screw inserts and I never understood why until just now when I was idly fiddling with one and screwed the cap upside down into the bottle. They're for people who don't have the strength to push and turn, you can just seal it up by screwing it in instead.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Failed Imagineer posted:

I lost a county spelling bee at age 10 due to the hosed up way "fuchsia" is spelled and I've resented it ever since

It's what

edit: I looked it up because I actually thought you misspelled it in this post, I never noticed

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I thought it was "fuschia". Apparently this misspelling is so common that google won't even tell me it's misspelled if I spell it that way lol.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
His name is ash ketchum because he's gotta catch em all

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
When you go to a McDonald's, they say "welcome back" because you've been to one before.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 10:08 on Dec 19, 2023

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ok here's one I like much better, this was a joy to discover

Speedy, my pet turtle, is not trying to tell us to stop when we scratch her shell butt and she starts wigglin away. It turns out she actually really likes it, as tragically she has no way to itch her own rear end. I don't think even she knew we could do that for her. This is possibly the most satisfied little turtle ever?

https://i.imgur.com/gTiMfia.mp4

She has been traveling around the house getting butt scratches from my whole family since we learned this pleases her. She did not want to go back to bed in her terrarium tonight. Afterward she came over to me and stuck only her butt out so I could scratch nothing else :3:

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 10:31 on Dec 19, 2023

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Wait, grognard isn't the name of like a funny little ugly goblin creature or something from the game??? Holy poo poo

Well that's American education for you

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thanks for the warm reception to my turtle Speedy. I learned another fact about her!

https://i.imgur.com/pvmB3Ap.mp4

This was so obvious in hindsight, but she's been a house pet for 15 years and likes her independence, so we never realized that she likes to perch if you offer! My slipper is a rock from her vantage point. It's warm, a place to settle and get a look around, and get some bonus scratches. So I got her some slippers to mess around with and perch on. :3:

But the wildest thing is that she conveyed to me she wanted me to do that. She was looking back and forth at me like an expectant dog, taking a few steps, looking back until I followed. How can something with such a little pea brain be so intelligent at conveing intentions like that? Are there studies on reptile smarts??

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Isn't it tho? That is a great idea. We also recently learned that it's not just fish and shrimp, she also loves GRUB TREAT

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Splendid posted:

The first words most people hear are a reference to their genitals.

forget "it's a boy" or "it's a girl", bring back frankenstein's iconic "IT'S ALIVE"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Hope you don't mind CJacobs, but I did that when you made your post about shell scritchies! You and Speedy are very welcome over there. :kimchi:

Thank you for sharing the hamburger of love that is Speedy the turtle

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The zone of death? The only way out of here is death!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

credburn posted:

I sat down with a guy at the bar, and he said in a Southern accent, "Haven't seen you in a coon's age. You know that's not racist, right?"

Well, it feels like it somehow became racist by that followup.

The same way, a friend offered to buy me a shot of some drink with milk in it. I said I had to pass because I'm vegan, and her date said, "Hey man, no judgment."

Which just... makes it feel like there is judgment, by virtue of you saying so?

I know exactly what you mean. I've got no clue where folks learned to think of that as a disarming thing to say.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Guy Fieri was born Guy Ferry

That's pretty cool. Apparently his Italian grandfather's name was Fieri and the Americanized version is Ferry, so he changed his name to honor his grandfather. Probably also because it sounds cooler but still.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

One Week by Barenaked Ladies. You can tell by the French that they're Canadian like brawnfire said.

quote:

Chickity China, the Chinese chicken
You have a drumstick and your brain stops tickin'
Watching X-Files with no lights on
We're dans la maison
I hope the Smoking Man's in this one

My favorite part of that song is the part where he talks about yankin' it to Sailor Moon

quote:

Gonna get a set of better clubs
Gonna find the kind with tiny nubs
Just so my irons aren't always flying off the back-swing

Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon
'Cause that cartoon has got the boom anime babes
That make me think the wrong thing

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 03:06 on Jan 31, 2024

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Genuinely related, I've been following a great neo classical artist named BLKBOK and only when I saw him today did his name become clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Byw83rKok

He's black Bach.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah, you definitely start to feel that type of burn if your hobby is also your job. Let's Plays were that for me for a while back in ~2015-18. I used to do two at once, and college, and then I realized that pace is not fun even if it was fun showing things to you folks here. Taking it slower means it's not a job anymore, which also means it's back to being play not work.

edit: Folks say "do what you love for a living" but in reality it isn't always a good idea. Sometimes you will lose your admiration for that thing by 'having' to do it. But it'll come back if you rest.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 08:03 on Feb 24, 2024

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That is also why the stereotypical NFL play opening is "hut hut hike". Previously the quarterback used to just say "hike" to indicate the play had begun but that wasn't enough warning! :eng101:

edit: nowadays before the snap most teams spout some da vinci code sequence of some kind to their team instead.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 21:39 on Apr 29, 2024

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You know, shouting the same word whether you are the one throwing the object or it has been thrown in your direction is probably a bad idea in general

I would prefer "THINK FAST CHUCKLENUTS!"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh poo poo, the ¡La Fantoma! skill books in Fallout make so much sense now, thanks goons

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Python must be supple

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Some neat video game trivia: Guitar Hero has a duel with Ted Nugent, wherein he plays Stranglehold as the encore. He doesn't sing vocals on that in the real world so the developers made a special venue just for this song wherein he doesn't take the mic, your band does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFbEVwOqjD0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

For as long as I can remember (40 years? whatever) this fucko has always looked like this:

Kid n' Play is that you?