Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

And Edgar in Men in Black and Detective Goren in Law & Order: Criminal Intent and my nigga have you seen The Cell

When I was in highschool my then-girlfriend was goddamned obsessed with The Cell and we must have watched it almost once a week when we hung out. It's probably been ten years since I've seen it, I wonder how it'd stand up to a rewatch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Intoluene posted:

I'm Australia at least, rum is not a particularly popular spirit for young people, either. They'll typically drink bourbon or vodka. Box wine (goon) is also rather high on the list due to being able to gently caress yourself up on the cheap.

I'm Australian and I think Bundaberg rum was the first spirit I ever tried as a kid. Of course I moved on to Woodstock pretty quickly because it was so much cheaper but rum was always around. There was even a period in the mid 2000s where pubs had Bundaberg rum and coke on tap which was both amazing and awful.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Purple trillium posted:

The collective term for nieces and nephews is niblings.

I'm pretty sure this is a recent made-up term rather than some ~official~ dictionary-listed word and I hate it. It sounds so stupid, argh.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
The Flash and Flash Gordon are not the same person.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
The word 'boatswain' is pronounced 'bosun'. I always thought they were two different things.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
The Elgin Marbles are not giant stone balls, they're marble sculptures :doh:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Baron von Eevl posted:

For some reason that's just giving me error messages but my understanding is it's "surge."

It's more like "shoog" as in the first syllable of sugar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Baron von Eevl posted:

Pretty sure Serj Tankian doesn't pronounce his name the same way as Suge Knight.

Lol, I didn't see what you quoted properly. According to the pronunciation bot, Serj is 'surz' with the last part of the syllable slurred a bit rather than the hard j sound in 'surge'.