Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
PYF Actor that has been in more than one movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Is there a thread for asking dumb questions or should I just post my assumptions here?

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Goku breaks Nappa's back, paralysing him. That's why Nappa can't get up and Vegeta kills him. I always thought he was just really beat up or tired.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Bad Roy posted:

Also, it's Aussie, not Ozzy. Unless you mean a Brummie accent.

An Ozzy accent would be an incoherent mumble punctuated with profanity.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Anti aircraft shells aren't just designed to hit enemy aircraft but also explode near aircraft, whether with a timed fuse or a proximity fuse. That's why when you see footage (especially WWII) you see explosions mid air despite the shells not actually hitting anything.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

syscall girl posted:

I have a theory that the guys from MST3K/Rifftrax deliberately mispronounce words to get angry fan letters or that the Midwest is just utterly horrible at pronunciation.

Every single ep has some horribly mangled words or the emphasis is just so far off that they may have never spoken or heard spoken the words in question.

I'm pretty sure in the Caustic Soda podcast they intentionally mispronounce 'debris' as 'debriss' just for the angry comments.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

SLOSifl posted:

To this day I cannot hear "just like the one winged dove" in that Stevie nicks song. You know, the one about a dove that is still singing despite of a life changing wing accident.

Listen to it and try not to hear that.

Goddamn sometimes this thread really cuts deep.

This whole time...

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Phyzzle posted:

"It's a dog-eat-dog world", not "It's a doggie-dog world."

For all intensive purposes you were right

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Simply Simon posted:

Summer of 69 does not begin with "Got my first real sex dream".

How would you buy that at the 5 and dime?

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Choco1980 posted:

Mardi Gras literally translates in French to "Tuesday Fat"

Since adjectives in French typically go after the noun (with a few exceptions), Mardi Gras literally translates to "Fat Tuesday"

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Jestery posted:

Dicing means to chop something the size of dice.

Is it though? To dice is to cut something into cubes, doesn't matter the size

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Topical: The music in the commercial in Halloween 3 is 'London Bridge is falling down'. I always thought it was catchy but I don't know why it took me so long to make that connection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7-uC0LDllM

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Can we just say that anything posted on Tumblr is inherently false?

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Well, maybe not a just or caring one anyway.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Queen Combat posted:

It's the same two images on the server, so that's up to your browser cache. If my post is at the top of a page there's a higher chance they'll be loaded at the same time, otherwise as the browser renders a page as you scroll they'll be out of sync. Sometimes a crtl+f5 or whatever refresh forces a cache reload fixes it, sometimes not.

I now know why all double-avatared people have no or minimal animations, but I'm stubbornly committed. Also there's a line break now, because before I actually had a 1x1 transparent png as my actual av, and the squiddo in the title text to avoid the line break. Maybe 4 "images" was too much for a mod, IDK.

(Why am I talking so much about this?!)

Wait, they are supposed to be in sync? I thought the whole gimmick was they weren't since I've never seen them in sync.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Krankenstyle posted:

Charlie & the waitress he stalks in Always Sunny are married irl

As are Mac & Dee

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Dip Viscous posted:

The cashier at the liquor store I go to all the time is my aunt. I see that cashier all the time because I'm always buying liquor. I see my aunt all the time. I'm so faceblind that I never put together that she worked there until a couple of hours ago when she mentioned one of my recent purchases.

Do you not talk to each other? Never a "Hi Dip, how are you?"?

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

beanieson posted:

Probably just a glitch in the matrix

Too busy looking at the lady in the red dress.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Inceltown posted:

Concertina is just a woman who really likes going to gigs.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Carthag Tuek posted:

first.last@provider.com addresses are hilarious. It's crazy how many people dont appear to know their own email.

These days I mostly get some kid's signups for various online games, window cleaning invoices, & another kid's group projects for high school, but there was a period where I'd get a lot of mail intended for a fairly famous music producer. Mostly it was just various youtube/myspace artists who'd want me to take a look & I would make really bad remixes of their songs, but one time Lindsay Lohan's personal assistant emailed me:

Canberra.mp3
InNOTcent.mp3
Out of Faces.mp3
Slap it!.mp3
Swimming (in a pool).mp3

Note: we got kinda bored so there's only vocals on Canberra (mine) and Slap it! (my sister).

This is art

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Dip Viscous posted:

I have firstname@gmail and I constantly get medical info, appointment reminders, tickets to sporting events, Steam keys, receipts for donations, family photos, stuff about warranty repairs, etc. I stopped trying to forward things along to the correct people because they always just get mad at me like it's my fault. Whenever I sign up for an online service there's nearly always someone else already signed up using my address, so I have to do a password reset instead and basically hijack the account.

On the plus side, someone with a name not even similar to mine but still trying to use my e-mail address has been paying for Hulu for several years. I guess they just... signed up and then forgot they'd done it?

Some of it might just be people salty they had to get firstname.randomnumber@gmail because you snapped up firstname@gmail first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Pocket Billiards posted:

Maybe there should be a whole thread of PYF people's favourite internet misconceptions.

In the dial up era my brother was asking about how he could get onto a messageboard people at his school were talking about. I mentioned offhand when talking about making an account that people generally don't use their real names for their username but pick a reference to a food/sport/movie/tv show/book/hobby they like etc. He took the not using your real name to heart and made a hotmail account with some generic name like brian.smith1234@hotmail.com.

For years he was sending me emails with family photos or links to things happening in our home town, etc and I was blocking them thinking they were spam.

Not once in those years did he ever ask you if you got/looked at those emails?