Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Anna Pavlova, famous for the cake named after her. Her surname is just the female version of Ivan Pavlov, famous for his dribbling dogs, last name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

doverhog posted:

Who cares, they just do company PR on a different platform, while getting paid for it.

I don't care too much when it is "Hey, this is PR for company.". What annoys me is how they try and pretend it is "Hi, I am normal guy just like you. I love company. Company is good, believe me for I am just normal guy, like you."

Which I know is the way that social media marketing works, and how you get "influencers" etc. And bleeds into the idea of me being annoyed at companies trying to "trick" me into liking them or buying their poo poo.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I just found out that the lady gremlin from Gremlins II has a name.

She is called Greta.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

OK, you know how one of the big attacks on 'SJW, PC Police, Woke etc.' types is that they are humourless? I think I figured out why, Why people use that to attack them, and why to their minds it is a valid attack.

Humour, at it's core is about not taking things seriously. And being an 'SJW', to use their term, is at it's core about caring about things. "Don't say n*gger, that word dehumanizes people and hurts their feelings. This is important.", "Indigenous people were here first, we should give them the acknowledgement, respect and support they deserve and weren't given in the past. This is important.", "Trans people are people, and deserve the rights and respect that is currently afforded to cis people. This is important." etc.

The reason the conservative arseholes call the SJWs humourless is because they DON'T think that this stuff is important. They DON'T care. And as such see the humour coming from not these serious things lightly. And mocking those that do think these things are important.

I suppose the same thin, but opposite politically, is us on the left making fun of how outraged the right got when Colin Kapaernick kneeled. i.e. We don't care or think it is important that football man kneeled, but they do care deeply and to our minds disproportionately. Thus its funny.

Anyway, yeah. I had always thought they were just being dicks. But now I think they have, (in their own minds), a somewhat cogent argument.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

The girl who played Marmalade Atkins grew up to become the woman who played Hugh Grant's sister in 4 Weddings and a Funeral.

Who then went on to die tragically young from an asthma attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

This would probably be best served in a "misheard lyrics" thread. But I just figured out what it is supposed to be, so it technically fits here too.

For the longest time, I thought the words to Billy Joel's Piano Man included the phrase "And the piano sounds like a carnivore..."

It never made proper sense to me, and I justified it as in he had been playing so long that it all mashed together in a dull roar, much like a lion or tiger would give.

But I recently figured out that the words are actually "And the piano sounds like a carnival" Which makes so much more sense.