Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
"High Noon" is when the sun is at its zenith, if you mean 12PM local time then you just say "noon".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
There's utility in pointing out that different people express love in different ways, but saying "now tag yourself on this complete list of all the ways" isn't so great.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
A standard claw hammer makes a pretty great weeding tool. You can use it like a miniature mattock: swing it at the dirt to dig under a weed, loosening everything up so you can pull the weed out. Sure, sometimes you'll cut the root instead, but at least from my short test, it works great and is way easier than a trowel.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Leon Sumbitches posted:

That's a lot of effort for most weeds, especially if you're weeding a larger area!

I'm comparing this to using a trowel to dig out the roots of a weed. If the weed's the type you can just yank out by the stems, then of course just do that! But you always want to get the roots if at all possible, otherwise the weed will be back in very short order.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
I'm sure those tools work great, but I don't have them. I have a trowel (somewhere, in my moving boxes) and a claw hammer, and I wanted to do some weeding yesterday, and hey, the claw hammer works just fine!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Phy posted:

I know it's not what you meant or what you did, but I'm picturing someone just absolutely pulverizing a dandelion with the regular end of a hammer like the ape with the thighbone at the start of 2001: A Space Odyssey, and it's making me giggle

Screw you, dandelion! gently caress you!

that flower had it coming to it, it knows what it did

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Baron von Eevl posted:

The original idea was that Roger was being framed by legendary British rockers The Who.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
"Mutex" is programming is short for "mutually exclusive"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Gaius Marius posted:

Her and Boyardee

At least he chose that version intentionally, instead of having it inflicted on him.