Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

MariusLecter posted:

The hilarious movie World's Greatest Dad starring Robin Williams was directed by the fidgety mentally ill guy from Police Academy. :monocle:

Dude's had an interesting career. He followed that up with God Bless America, which seems summed up by 'gently caress You white people, you're loving everything up *pew**pew**pew*' which sounded pretty try-hard. Then he did a found footage Bigfoot mockumentary, and is soon to be releasing a documentary about a comedian facing his childhood molestation. And somewhere between all that he directed some episodes of Community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

MisterBibs posted:

I didn't drink until my early 30s, and when I did my first bartender steered me towards bottled domestics when I said "I've never really drank before, what should I do that won't kill me?". To this day I'm not really into hard liquors.

Kinda more E/N, but it's related to the above and thematically related: me and my partner had a small get-together the other day for lunch, and included were a few of my partner's ex-coworkers from a bar that she worked with, and I knew well from being a regular there. While reminiscing, we went down a rabbit hole of learning things that everyone else assumed everyone knew.

- I had no idea that a server at the bar had a big crush on me, at one point.
- I had no idea that this server was so sex-positive that she'd want to throw down with me for funsies; I figured she was just being Server At A Bar Nice, and she was just cute enough that I figured she was out of my league.
- My partner had no idea that I didn't know the above. She figured that the two of us had hooked up at some point (again, this server was casual about hookups, the notion that we didn't was something not considered) before we started dating, and just kept it on the down-low because my partner and the server weren't the best of friends.
- Everyone who worked in the bar assumed that the unfriendly relationship between my partner and the server was the fact that I had went from the server to my partner. The boss would even set schedules knowing I'd be in on Day X and wouldn't schedule the two together on Day X just to avoid issues/backroom squabbling.

Since that day, I've gotten a handful of texts from people who worked there at the time - some I haven't spoken to in years - because evidently me hooking up with Samantha was some fundamental underpinning of a bunch of people's memories of a place they worked.

God, you are such a weenie that you probably choked on yourself.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
On the topic of Mondegreens, I only just found out that the Chorus Lyric in the Billy Squire song "The Stroke" isn't "Something's Cookin" but rather "Stroke Me, Stroke Me".

I now understand people who say their minds are blown by a misconception. I never even knew the name of the song until very recently, so I never had any idea it could or should be anything else.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I found out that the guy who played Jimmy the midget little person actor in In Bruges also played Howard the Duck.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
For years I heard it as 'Just like the way we go/Sing the song that gal she's singin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
If we're doing the mondegreen thing, I just found out that the chorus to 'Owner of a Lonely Heart' by Yes is not 'You are the only one', but infact 'Owner of a Lonely Heart'. Also, the group behind 'Roundabout' are the same guys behind 'Owner of a Lonely Heart'.