Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Stuff I Should Have Figured Out Earlier: Jerry Cotton is kind of a smug jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It is really monstrous how many unicorns are killed every year, just so their horns can be chopped off and sold as narwhal horns.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Pink Floyd was the singer, right?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The culinary definition is much more important to non-biologists, anyway. Who cares if a tomato is technically a berry? What does it matter that a peanut is really a legume?

Does it have scales, fins and gills? Does it swim in the sea? Sounds like a fish to me, partner.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Aphrodite posted:

Unless it was purple.

You gotta rep the Row, man.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

They produce both milk and eggs, which means they can make custard out of their bodily secretions!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

God I love German.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

gently caress that's good

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Iron Crowned posted:

I've had at least two arguments with bar randos that whales are mammals. One of them thought I was stupid as gently caress because I was talking about the three states of matter, because apparently only water can freeze :negative:

:ninja:: Yes, I know, there is also plasma, but I barely comprehend that one, and I was talking to an idiot.

I guess plasma is a type of water, but there's other stuff in it too. It's like saying beer is a type of water.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

genetic_knockout posted:

Today, at the age of 31, I finally figured out how to properly fold a fitted sheet by myself. I had always been using the method taught to me by my late great Single Dad, and they always ended up looking like a lumpy pile of elasticized poo poo. Today after flailing around with one for several minutes like some moron from black-and-white infomercial land, I finally thought there must be a better way!

I am equal parts proud and ashamed of myself.

Teach me your ways. I just kind of roll them into a tube and it feels wrong somehow.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Use sodium bicarbonate as your base.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Are you have a stroke? Did you strain too hard and burst an artery in your brain?

It's okay.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

As Stand names go, I've seen worse, even though they're not terribly imaginative.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Leavemywife posted:

Cube and The Cell are totally different movies.

Likewise, Cube and The Cube are different movies.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Bloody-Stupid's initials are also the reverse of Johann Sebastian Bach.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Nouveau Orrléahh, hoh hoh hoh!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Hang on, what?

This changes everything.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

fruit on the bottom posted:

Charlie Brown has hair, Garfield has no gender, Sinbad being a comedian and not a sailor, Snoopy being a WWI vet and not having fought on Iwo Jima, the Berenstain Bears aren’t Jewish...

He was right, the world really did roll me.

Berenstein. :colbert:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

There's a bathroom on the right.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Ooooh!

The cities in Kanto are named after colors, like Veridian, Fuchsia, Lavender, etc. Ash comes from Pallet Town. Like "color palette".

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Get this, Roald Dahl didn't like children much.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

How is The TTP Project these days?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

You're writing a zombie story. What ending is there beyond "They all died. No moral!"

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The men in Third Rock From The Sun are called Tom, Dick, and Harry, like the expression that means "anyone".

I never got that until now.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Yes!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

WHAT

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I didn't believe the Towers of Hanoi could present a real challenge for people of today, but here we are.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That's nobody's business but the stoats.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Garrand posted:

I hope their sauces are better than their printers.

It's a lot easier to carry.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

What, like Pulse?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I remember kind of liking Unfriended even though the twist was the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

You're wrong.

It means "British Penis".

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Gynocentric Regime posted:

🎶They tried to kill him with a forklift 🎶

Rowsdowerrr!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

WHAT

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sweevo posted:

The Leaf Insect article is peak Wiki-sperg - article titled after the scientific name rather than it's common name, a couple of vague paragraphs giving little info, a long list of sub-species that don't even have their own articles, and all the references are to academic papers hidden behind a paywall.

A good 50% of the insect articles are like that. There's a guy who adds dozens of articles per week that are just lists of moth species, or lists of lists of moth species. Want to know all the moth species sorted by county in rural Moldova? Well he's either written that list or is planning to.

You know how it is with Wikipedia.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I'm glad you got the reference. May I give you a commodore?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's a Pottery Petting Zoo

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The backstory for Metal Gear Solid 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

MariusLecter posted:

The Lion King is a wholesale plagiarisation of a Japanese IP.

Kind of.

And also Hamlet.

Kind of.