Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bewilderment posted:

Yeah OK I don't understand how people can mispronounce Mario (as in, the video game character, anyway) when he will happily yell his name at you in any number of games.

Finally a realistic depiction of Italians in video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh come on, at least put some effort into your fakeposts :rolleyes:

Maybe fake for you :rolleyes:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

NAG posted:

If you remove the names of bookmarks in your browser toolbar, you're left with a nice array of icons to click, and can fit many more bookmarks in the same amount of space.

This is actually useful and doesnt belong here.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

syscall girl posted:

The wiki Tiggum linked mentioned that and a bunch of other interesting stuff.

I just learned what a Ha-ha is, as well as why building one 50 feet deep is bloody stupid.

Why is it stupid? It should be 500 feet right

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Choco1980 posted:

I once heard a rumor it stood for North East West South, but it was a pretty suspect rumor so I doubt it.

It's actually an anagram for seamstresses in their craft.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

swordfish duelist posted:

I love when people try to pronounce Okeechobee down in South Florida. Anyone not from here trys to say "OH-KEE-CHU-BEE" where it's "OH-KA-CHO-BE"

I'm from northwest florida and I've never even considered it to be anything other than the latter though?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Glazier posted:

Florida shibboleths are the best.

A florida shibboleth sounds like some lovecraftian horror.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Inzombiac posted:

In the SNES game Zombies Ate My Neighbors you have to survive each level and save your clueless neighbors.

What I didn't know until recently is that the neighbors are not a set amount per level.
You have only so many that carry over from level to level and if they die, that's it.
I've never had them all die but I assume that's the second fail state.

I've played this game many times before and read this at least 3 times and still have no clue what it means.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Rollersnake posted:

You lose the game if all the neighbors get killed. You have fewer and fewer to start with each level if they keep getting killed, instead of the same number in each level, every time.

Edit: This is also why I never beat that loving game.

So if you had 10 initially and lost 5 in first level there'd be 5 in the second and if you lost 2 in that level, you'd have 3 left?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah, exactly. They act as a sort of timer because monsters are all roaming towards them.

You have to prioritize who to get really quickly.

So if you lost all but one in level one you're basically hosed because there are some that are basically impossible on some later maps?

I'm going to have to replay it now. thanks jerks.

Milo and POTUS has a new favorite as of 09:39 on Oct 26, 2017

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Memento posted:

I said CHIM-er-ah, so I was just as wrong. I think I watched Mission Impossible 2 and they were talking about the ki-MEER-a virus and my thought process was, "wtf is that word. Wait, what?"

huh thought it was kai meer uh

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It's basically goons whove got severe gut problems

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

AlphaKretin posted:

Roald Dahl has publicly said he prefers the Depp movie over the Wilder movie iirc, because yes, it is.

Death of the author. :colbert:

Death to the author more like it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'm the malingering dancing grandfather.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

rodbeard posted:

I didn't realize it was a slur against italians. why it was being used on Desi Arnez in the book I was reading?

Bigots may not be the smartest folks in the world

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Felonius Spunk

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Doctor Bishop posted:

The phrase isn't "imminentize the eschaton", but "immanentize the eschaton". Good job, English. You've japed me again with your stupid unstressed vowels. All things considered, I frankly prefer my original interpretation.

Your (ours) makes more sense tbh

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

BioEnchanted posted:

Is it referring to things like when conservatives lunatics try to encourage Israel in the I-P conflict because they think it will bring about the rapture if all the Jews get their land back.?

It involves a lake in Ingolstadt and an army of zombie nazis on the bottom

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Proteus Jones posted:

Jesus, put down the bong already.

thats a perfectly valid and sober understanding of the world, sorry champ

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Grew up in west Texas and can confirm people call them that

Idfk either because I’d call them “fancy coloured pencils”, but my family is french jews so idfk

French Jews in Texas sounds fun

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Big Grunty Secret posted:

There is, it's "watch cap".

Watch like you're on watch? I kinda like it but I have never heard of it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

I was born in the US but my parents immigrated so they have accents. I don't, in what I'm pretty sure was a conscious effort not to sound like them.

The Pakistani kid at my high school emigrated from there when he was real young and spoke English not just without an accent but even occasional southern affectations. It's really weird in retrospect but makes sense

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Kids are dicks is the takeaway I'm getting

I mean yes but how did you get that from what I said

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Whiz Palace posted:

Stuff You Can't Believe You Just Figured Out: Questionable mnemonics itt. Again.

The port/left= 4 letters thing has been my go to for a while

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Torquemada posted:

Just watched it again to confirm my initial take that this is horseshit: I was right. Raiders is so much better it’s not true. Better villains, better love interest, better music, better action set pieces and the Ark, front and centre with it’s spooky theme and sense of otherworldly power vs a cup of Alka Seltzer that appears in the last five minutes of the movie.

Nazi chick way hotter sorry

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I'll never forget when I learned that Stevie Ray Vaughan was white.

Also that he could see?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

RJWaters2 posted:

The Beatles album Rubber Soul is a pun.
Rubber sole. Like a shoe.

Wait till you get rubber buns and liquor.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You don't even have to go that far back, back in the Miocene era we had the Bullockornis aka Thunderduck aka Demon Duck of Doom

Mysterious island was my favorite Harryhausen movie

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

We hear what we want to hear.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

rodbeard posted:

I go through the Popeyes drive through near my house every once in a while when I'm out running errands and it's been long enough that I've forgotten that I've never gotten anything from there that tasted like anything other than salt.

Shutup and drink more water

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

doverhog posted:

Who cares, they just do company PR on a different platform, while getting paid for it.

The deal was they'd get bathroom breaks if they did PR work while making GBS threads/pissing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Shifty Nipples posted:

They are burrowing snakes so I think it helps to have a little head.

I've been using this line for years

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hippos hunger after death

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Finally, real content.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ferrule posted:

Yeah but both were horrible abusers.

Huh, I was under the impression they were good at it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

syscall girl posted:

And thanks for the verbiage on that Mike Judge

King of the Heil

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Rold Gold pretzels... Because pretzels are rolled.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'm not joking. I literally just figured that out. Assuming it's true.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

bulletsponge13 posted:

Don't forget, Mengele died while swimming on a tropical beach. I'm not really kidding when I say that when I learned that, I stopped believing in a God.

Mengele would have loved or hated rold gold pretzels. Whichever is more depressing to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Organza Quiz posted:

I just figured out that the naughty/nice list thing for Christmas is just a softer version of the whole heaven/hell thing Christianity's got going.

Also rich kids get more presents because they're better people.