Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Dallas was named after all these fat bottomed girls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
So you're saying that immigrants brought JAGUARS with them and people still don't wanna build the wall?!

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

om nom nom posted:

The slur is just "wop", it originated as an acronym for "with out papers".

Did you know gently caress stands for fornication under consent of the king?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
They should smile more.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
My first was Daggerfall and it took me 3 months to figure out how the hell to get out of that starting pirate cave.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I always knew how it was spelled because I used to like New Edition and Bobby Brown and all that.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'm from Texas and I say war-shire but I know for sure I'm pronouncing it wrong but can't really mentally wrap my head around how I should say it.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Wow. Im from Texas and have spent alot of time in Dallas and Houston and knew they were in the top 10 of most populous US cities so I always assumed they were slightly smaller but it would take Dallas almost 7 times the population to reach New Yorks. That blows my mind.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I don't like mint either but I just use it cause it's a few minutes a day and I just figure the tingle I get from the mint is it working. Like when you get the burn from rubbing alcohol on a cut.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Krankenstyle posted:

huh i always pictured ranch dressing as orange like thousand island

tho tbh i dont think ive had a dressing that wasnt mainly oil/vinegar/garlic in decades

It's white with green flecks in it. It's pretty much the default dressing everywhere I go but I've never really liked it.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Wow didn't know so many people were from Dallas, Texas like me, where we have no accents.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Failed Imagineer posted:

Steve Harwell famously loves to eat the eggs, whereas Guy Fieri does not care for eggs. This is the only way to tell them apart

You're wrong. Smashmouth wouldnt eat the egg.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Ferrule posted:

Not having knowledge about another culture's pop culture and thus immediately declaring it evil is also kinda racist, or, at the very least, jingoistic and elitist.

Lol jive bunny is my culture.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Aramoro posted:

So this is quite mild really. I was look at the results of a survey of a different grammars over the UK and I have just discovered that most people don't say 'I'm going to my bed' they say 'I'm going to bed' loads of the other ones I could really accept but surely everyone says 'I'm going to my bed'

I don't understand what you're asking totally. I'm american and I've always heard "I'm going to bed". Is it different in the UK?

Edit: Didn't realize I was like 3 pages behind.

RenegadeStyle1 has a new favorite as of 23:26 on Oct 29, 2020

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Memento posted:

About eighteen months ago, a guy I used to be friends years ago with who drifted into pseudoscience hit me up on Steam with some questions. He was asking why the sun doesn't affect tides as much as the moon. I talked to him about the relative difference between the effect of the moon's gravity on one side of the planet compared to the other, and how the sun affects tides with king tides and neap tides, and he asked about why our bodies don't get tides because we're mostly water as well, and again, the relative difference in gravity between two points less than 2m apart is negligible etc etc.

It occurred to me today that I may have dug him out of a Flat Earth-shaped hole before he fell all the way into it.

Do you still talk to him? If you don't then most likely he didn't listen to any of it and was in Pennsylvania, Georgia or Arizona praying over ballots.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I haven't played GTA V in years but I was randomly thinking about Weazel News and I just realized it's a take on Fox News. It's such a stupid simple joke I can't believe I never realized it.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I have 2 different friends somehow with AOL emails and they still work and get checked. No app of course.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
They still have a metallica hour here where they play nothing but metallica on our local rock station. I can't really think of a bigger or more well known band in their genre whether you like them or not. I don't like them but I don't really like that kinda music either.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I thought it was pretty obvious. Poke her face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Tom Waits music sucks and the only reason people say they like it (or genuinely like it I dunno) is because they tricked themselves into thinking it makes them smart.