Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Tom Hardy was in Star Trek: Nemesis perhaps you confused one terrible space movie for another?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Oh hey the Stuff you can't believe you figured out thread is doing how to pronounce poo poo again. This is exciting!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

KillHour posted:

That's a British thing. Along the same lines, I learned recently that calling athletic/casual shoes "sneakers" is not common outside of my relatively small geographic area. I thought everyone called them that. :psyduck:

Uh, sneakers is pretty common where do you live?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Pththya-lyi posted:

Also witches can't fly through tilted windows.

Another time where someone posts in the Stuff You Cant Believe You Just Figured Out thread without doing research. I have personally witnessed at least 3 witches flying through tilted windows.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Captain Monkey posted:

They'd hit their heads on the top, idiot. Brooms don't let you slide to the side because of the shape.

Nuh-uh, if they hit their head it proves they aren't a real witch read a book.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

What about witches tokyo drifting though?

Salem Drift

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

nexus6 posted:

Is there a thread for asking dumb questions or should I just post my assumptions here?

Can your question be solved by literally 5 seconds of googling?

If yes then gently caress that and just post it in this thread anyway!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Oh poo poo, I just found out that "don our gay apparel" isn't some sly reference put into the song by the Gay Agenda™

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

The US is old and used to be a farming country. Of course it uses equinoxes and solstices.

If seasons based on the sun blows your mind wait until you find out how months happened.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

I knew some jackass would pick up on this. Old fashioned? The US has been pretty much constant since the writing and ratification of the constitution. Many countries in Europe changed significantly following Napoleon and the World Wars. That's why everyone there uses metric and doesn't build their entire system around harvesting crops.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

rydiafan posted:

I live in the US and my calendar has a "first day of Spring" on it. :shrug:

Yes because the first day of spring is the spring equinox. A day that is predictable but not the same date every year.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

om nom nom posted:

You are mistaken, it's pronounced "sword"

Well I feel foolish

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Why did you think he was named Spongebob?

His real name is Spongerobert but Spongerobert was his dad please just call him Spongebob?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Leavemywife posted:

Speaking of Cuba Gooding Jr., it took me far too long to realize that he and Donald Faison were different people.

Short of not being able to tell black people apart I don't know how you could explain this.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

I just realized that while Star Trek claims the first interracial kiss (Kirk and Uhura), they were produced by DesiLu studios and Desi Arnaz And Luclille Ball kissed long before Star Trek even hit the air.

White Hispanic is a thing though

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

The Last Crusade is better than Raiders though.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Chillbro Baggins posted:

On the other side of the coin, one of my father's brothers goes by Bob.

Bob's your uncle.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

MariusLecter posted:

Beck the musician is criminally underrated.

Nah, he's a loser

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Huh? Three years apart, not months; Shirley in April 1934, Warren in March 1937

The poster meant Ned and Warren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

DrBouvenstein posted:

Related to that:
A lot of people think New York is part of New England.

It isn't! Stop lumping that state in with us!

That's just crazy, New York is in the Midwest