Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Iron Crowned posted:

Have you ever seen a cat? They're just small lions

small, whiny, rude lions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Hyperlynx posted:

Bacon/pork/whatever tastes disgusting to me - too much salt and fat.

wrong

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Hyperlynx posted:

FFT posted:

Hyperlynx posted:

Bacon/pork/whatever tastes disgusting to me - too much salt and fat.
wrong
Uh, ok. Do you have a better idea of why it tastes disgusting to me, then?
1. "salt and fat" is what has always made things delicious since long long long before the advent of MSG.

2. i dunno man do you have a problem with the texture or the ethics?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

flosofl posted:

It's like Lucas was going "OK, I need Boba Fett fan-service in this how do I...? I know! I'll make Jango Fett and have him be the original. And have him be the genetic template for the porto-stormtroopers. There that's the explanation for the clones sewn up... What else? Oh, and have him raise his own clone at a normal aging rate so that explains Boba and how he's running around during the original trilogy. I'm such a genius!"

It's like he stumbled on a plot point that could have been really, really interesting and let it go, because it satisfied his "leave nothing a mystery" fixation.

to be fair, it is interesting that Bulba Fett is only a few years older than Luke yet has established himself as a galactic bounty hunter rather than a moisture farmer.

but then by the time Luke hits Fett's age in Empire he's Jedi Jesus so who knows who got the better end of that deal.

oh, right, the one that didn't get eaten by a gigantic sandy version of vagina dentata.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Hyperlynx posted:

Aries has nothing to do with Ares.
Astrologists still say the sign is governed by Mars, so who can truly say?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

There's got to be a way to work plumber's crack into this but I can't put my finger in it.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

A lot of Anglos think panic is a noun, too.
They're correct to. What do you think the noun in "satanic panic" is?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Random one - watching an old Janet Jackson video & saw a familiar face
Just wait 'til you find Paula Abdul.

CJacobs posted:

Ok here's one I like much better, this was a joy to discover

Speedy, my pet turtle, is not trying to tell us to stop when we scratch her shell butt and she starts wigglin away. It turns out she actually really likes it, as tragically she has no way to itch her own rear end. I don't think even she knew we could do that for her. This is possibly the most satisfied little turtle ever?
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7040668362283765039

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

In an opposite vein, the high five was invented in the late 1970s.

Might have learned that in this thread, though.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Pookah posted:

Terry Pratchett will go down in history as a great political and social writer who sent his message almost entirely via very good comic writing.
It's already basically impossible to have a conversation about how expensive it is to be poor without the boots analogy coming up. I'm doing my part.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's been a whole lot of major Youtubers burning out and walking away from the gig recently, with several of them posting videos saying "I used to love doing this but then it turned into a job, and the pace to maintain the channel and post content on a weekly basis is crazy relentless and I just can't do this any more"
I'm sure this has nothing to do with the various video essay people getting outed for plagiarism.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Kylie Minogue is 55 and still putting out bangers about hooking up with dudes in dance clubs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Cnazi_Fi0

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

She looks like a lobster queen
Yeah, she's killing it.

And has been for literal decades lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c18441Eh_WE

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Hyperlynx posted:

"Tough tackies" is properly spelled "tough takkies", and it is exclusively a South African expression.
Who even says that instead of "tough titties" besides South Africans?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Fair enough. Great news, now you can start saying "tough titties" instead! Maybe.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

You can just post as normal for that.
It's a given, given the username, but also who the hell needs to spell with conjoined dipthongs in English anyway?? "I'm a big poo poo, watch me spell encyclopedia wrong"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Tad Naff posted:

My latest was Britney. It's not "Show me how you want to do me"
btw the actual meaning is "hit me [up]" i.e. "call me" but the writer was Norwegian or something and they went with it anyway.

Makes a lot more sense when the intent is "i'm lonely pls call"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

One of the repeated lyrics is "where can I find a woman like that" so I have no idea how y'all made this mistake.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Yeah, you'd say "duel at high noon" because the clocks weren't calibrated the same, poo poo, and/or absent.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

No. But also no.

The freemason compass isn't a capital lambda

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

the Vsauce people introduce themselves by name at the beginning of every video and none of them go by "Vsauce"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Hyperlynx posted:

Has anyone got that vid of them not doing anything to indicate the start of play, where they instead just stand up and calmly stroll through the other side's players?
Probably doesnt work after middle school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ymtjy844OE