Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Gun that shoots around corners while stuck in the rear end of a stuffed cat.

moller has a new favorite as of 09:23 on Apr 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moller
Jan 10, 2007

spog posted:

Oh hey, that reminds me of a funny (ish) movie with Carey Elwes and Kelsey Grammer

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

A plane that can't fly! And we're producing it.

I for one would like to see the Ratte revitalized and upgraded, as a cavalry counterpart to our newest multirole fighter. Slap a nuclear engine in there so you don't need to refuel, replace the materials with newer, lighter, tougher ones, and kit it out with all the modern electronics and gizmos it can hold. It can be like the Pentagon Wars, but bigger, tougher, and infinity+1 times cooler, which is what really matters. I'm talking a ring of machine gun turrets for close, soft targets, a handful of missile racks and Big Guns for harder/further off targets, and a pair of no-poo poo suborbital loving railguns for the main turret. poo poo with today's technology I bet we could even get that thing up to a face-melting 10mph.

Beaten by the person that brought up the F-35. And yeah, as I understand it that film errs on the side of presenting the procurement process as less of a corrupt cluster gently caress than it is in reality.

EDIT: The Bradley, in a way, ended up getting a starring role in the turkey-shoot called the Gulf War by blowing up more Iraqi vehicles than the Abrams.

Its much more practical replacement the Crusader Stryker MRAP meanwhile has a glorious history of possibly absorbing an IFP hit without everyone losing their genitals and being handed out to rural sheriffs and campus police to sit around looking threatening.

moller has a new favorite as of 09:57 on Apr 16, 2015

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

My favourite weapon system is small boats, motorcycle messengers and a massive amount of cruise missiles :black101:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Challenge_2002

You've just invoked the wrath of subforum who will tell you that guy was a cheating no-good glory hound who violated the laws of physics and undermined esprit de corps.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

DumbparameciuM posted:

Turns out the Naval AWS/Laser weapons don't loving work: http://thebulletin.org/navys-new-laser-weapon-hype-or-reality8326

Has the venerable (34 year old) Phalanx CIWS system that LaWS is an evolution of ever proven to be effective in any way? Googling about its operational history just keeps bringing up the same few incidents in which it failed to engage or engaged the wrong target when used in a combat situation.

• Locked thread