Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
There's a mountaineering club here in Chicago that makes bi-weekly trips up to Wisconsin to climb. Yesterday I ordered some inexpensive soft bags, tank bag, tent and sleeping bag. The tent and bag already arrived today, now I just want to set them up in the living room like a little kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008

Gorson posted:

Where in Sconnie do you go climbing?

I haven't been yet out there yet, but I guess they go to Devil's Lake. Nothing's bolted, they just top rope there.

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
If the weather forecast holds up, I'll be riding down from Chicago to the Red River Gorge Wednesday and coming back Sunday to climb with friends. This'll be my first time motorcycle camping and easily the farthest I've ridden in one day. Kinda nervous.

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
I made it back yesterday from Kentucky. I left Tuesday evening, so I split the trip down, 70+ degrees. I met up with some friends and stayed at Miguel's for a couple great days of climbing. The weather changed Friday night, maybe 55 for the high on the trip back. The ride home was pretty miserable. Overall it was a fun trip, but I don't think I'd do it on the 250 again.

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
Has anyone here ever ridden around Lake Michigan? I'm planning to do 4 days around from Chicago and trying to pick campsites, open to suggestions if anyone has done this.

• Locked thread