Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmokedSquid
Dec 20, 2009
This might be a stupid question, but what's wrong with sitting on the ground? Especially motocamping where you're probably filthy anyway. A camp chair takes up a fair amount of space on a bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokedSquid
Dec 20, 2009
Yeah, I definitely see the benefits of it for chilling around camp. I'm camping on the DRZ though where space is at a premium. This was my setup on a recent big camping trip:

You can see even that is a bit too much stuff for my poo poo luggage setup. The toolbox on the back was only held in by two bolts + rope around the handles and it had enough poo poo on top of it to give it a worrying wobble. Next camping trip everything is going into one easily accessible bag, gently caress unpacking everything at the service station just to find that second map.

Australia is absolutely incredible for motocamping. Pic dump from the trip:

makeshift usb charger. found out that usb connections arent rated for highway speeds the hard way.

great ocean road, victoria

quintessential bug shot - goulburn valley

best camp meal, tacos

confirmed chillest town in australia, Yass (near canberra). Free camping in the town and super friendly people.

Camping is so great, motocamping is even greater. I really oughta do it more rather than just looking at pictures of other people doing it on the laptop.

• Locked thread