Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I've camped a little north of Death Valley (mt Whitney area) and it's really gorgeous. I recommend just going on the National Park Service website and browsing for any one of the zillions of NPS campgrounds that can be had for $5-$20 a night. 5 dollars gets you a site and a potable water tap somewhere; 20 usually gets you flush toilets, hot showers, electric power, a little general store, firewood and other amenities. California also has a similar website system for state parks. I've stayed in both, and the state parks are usually less consistent in quality (e.g. the sites may be less nicely groomed, likely to be fewer hippies doing yoga and more bros having bonfires) but they're fine.

This time of year there'll be almost no one at either kind, though, so you should have your pick of locations and sites within them.

E: recreation.gov is the site I'm thinking of

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Dec 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread