Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I bought a kelty tl3 last week to use for moto camping, which I'm going this weekend. :3:

Other things that I usually drag along for moto camping:

mini-jumpbox and fix-a-tire poo poo(a tube), a spare fuse, and tire spoons, few wrenches.

First aid kits too.

Softbags own for hauling poo poo. you can stuff the ever living gently caress out of one, where as a hard case all I do is play tetris till I'm pist then strap things to my fenders, helmet, back, ankles, rear end, etc.
spouses bike has softbags on it and they own, I don't do side panniers as I tend to let my bike nap often and would prefer to not crush my staples.

E: SOCKS. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH loving SOCKS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
spent the night at Knoxville recreation area.

There was two pavilions, but the ranger said the other one had been "blown up".

These are the cats rear end for cooking one pot meals.
the wave thing is a temperature gauge to indicate your water is boiling.

Beers. it is not camping without loving beers.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Went to Mendocino forest over the weekend. 475mi round trip. 150mi was offroad.

we camped near this little river. (Eel river)

Nearly ran my bike outta gas, wifey dropped his after a creek crossing breaking (another) lever, and I managed to kill the right turn indicator over the weekend. Not a bad trip.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I use a Kelty TN3. Its nicer than my first apartment.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
going on an 1100mi trip to deathvalley, racetrack playa, and the ancient pine forest this next weekend. Going to be awesome. :D

My poor poor rear end, and that poor poor drz.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
so long as the typical fixes are done, i wouldnt worry. and yeah, keep an eye on the oil.

E: if you're in the neighborhood of 20k mi, look over your stator. they tend to fail right around then.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 17, 2017

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

First official motocamping trip in like a year and a half. Some shitheads absolutely trashed the camping spot.

Some loud rear end brotruck/quad races by some other campers till 2am. Wife lost his phone on the xgrip. Blew the baffle outta my new pipe, plus an overheat from something jamming the cooling fan. Did good for a drz loaded to its gvwr though.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Thanksgiving in the woods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

BloodRed posted:

Looks like a nice spot! is that a 950 or 990? :)

early 950S.

• Locked thread