Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Watsabi
Jul 4, 2012
I am still getting my motocamping setup going. Last year was my first time going on my own bike. One thing I always keep in my camelbak/backpack are my swim trunks and sandals. Sometimes you just need to take a dip in the lake/river/stream to get cool and rinse the stink off. When you're done you just tie them on top to dry out when you get back on the road.

Here's my get up from last year. My dad has the old GS.

Giant Loop Siskyou soft bags contains all my changes of clothes in one side and camp equipment in the other.
North Face Duffle on top is where I keep the Big Agnes sleeping bag and inflatable pad.
Dry bags for everything

I travel with 5 liters of water 3 in my backpack and 2 more in bottles on the side bag.

Things I need to have for this year:
a silk bag liner because I thought a 30* bag would be enough with insulated pad for going up into the mountains in August but it was still uncomfortably cold.
Decent camp chair. I am looking at Kermit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watsabi
Jul 4, 2012
I took one of the little tripod jobs with me last year and I decided I wanted something I could sit in for more than 10 minutes. It was handy outside the tent for putting on boots but size to comfort was not nearly good as some others.

Anyone try one of those flying stingray tents? Maybe extravagant for moto camping but look cool as poo poo.

• Locked thread