Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M42
Nov 12, 2012

I'm gonna be camping at Deals Gap next weekend. What's a good, compact tent+bag+pad that can be carried on my SV, for under $200 if possible? We're driving/trailering the bikes down, but I intend to use the stuff again on actual bike trips. I've never really camped like this before, so any advice is appreciated.

M42 fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I ended up just going by amazon reviews and got everything under $200 easily. Will do a review after the weekend.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

That was the first thing I did :v:

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Looks like a good time! What hammocks are those + how do you like em?

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Hey, I forgot about this thread!

In a similar vein, I'd like to start doing some motocamping next season. I live in VA so the best way to ease in to it would probably be a ride down to the dragon. What I'd specifically want to know is where most people camp when doing trips like that. I'm from europe so I'm used to most land being public property, which is obviously not the case in the states and limits where I can stop overnight. Do most people use koa campgrounds and rv parks and poo poo?

M42
Nov 12, 2012

😍 awesome. That's exactly what I wanna do all next summer.

Didn't know you could camp in state parks. That makes it way easier, since there's shittons all up and down the applachians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Is that the winterial bivy?

• Locked thread