Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chicagobutters
Sep 7, 2015

Lots of positive things to say about the Kriega Drypack’s, up to and including keeping everything dry in torrential downpours. It’s really impressive how compact modern camping equipment is. Expensive, but impressive. Eventually I’ll buy a tent with poles that fold in shorter length sections, or try to buy new poles for the current tent if possible. Happy trails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chicagobutters
Sep 7, 2015

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Re: tents and poles

Don't pack your poles in with your tent. Doesn't matter if they get wet, so you can just strap them on the outside wherever. That way there's plenty of room for your tent in your packs.

If I read the situation right.

Primary goal is to reclaim some real estate for increased maneuverability and comfort in route. Second is to keep everything inside those Kriega bags and use that VFR as intended without concern. A few years ago I’d use shoelaces to secure whatever... but it’s much more enjoyable for me this way.

I’ve had that Eureka Apex 2XT (pictured) for a few years now, tents in great shape, and TentPole Technologies might be my answer. I believe moving from 25.5” to 18” sections (with inserts) would do the trick but we’ll see.

• Locked thread