Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
I prefer the coleman woodsman, sure it's not as small folded down, but i just strap it on top of my other gear and it's much better to sit on.

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Woodsman-II-Chair/dp/B00CHBXJ4O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

I bought me some new poo poo to wear when I get wherever I'm going that day. I went with multifunctional, light and warm if needed. Yes, it's a zip off pants, but no need to bring separate shorts in the summer overrides that.

Devold Optimum wool jacket, North Face Paramount peak II pants.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

I got em both in the mail yesterday, they both look okay but the leg bottoms on the pants are ridiculously wide, zero taper below the knee. As I should have spotted from the images.. They're the right size in the rear end area and as shorts so I'll just get the zip-off legs sewn in a little. If they're still hosed up I'll just use them as shorts.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

Do you charge a battery pack with it first and then charge stuff with that? I mean it's 0.4 amp continuous and 0.8 amp peak output, most of my stuff want 1 amp minimum.

I just charge 10k mAh battery banks in my tank bag from the dual usb outlet while I ride. The battery pack makes it easy to top off the tablet/phone in the hammock at night.

Supradog fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jan 24, 2017

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

4 day weekend coming up, leaving after work today. The nx250 is loaded up, yellow bag is hammock, underquilt, sleeping bag, cooking gear and misc stuff. side bags are food, water, tools and clothes. Ortlieb made nice motorcycle stuff, shame touratech bought it up, rebranded it and increased the price by 100%. Rok straps are awesome for bags.

Route is about 700 miles, mostly small roads, gravel where we can. The higher altitude roads that aren't plowed in the winter is still snow cowered and drifty, so it limits the choice of routes a little.

Supradog fucked around with this message at 07:59 on May 9, 2018

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

Very good all in all. We got some major rain one day so we splurged on a hotel room to dry up properly. Did in total about 830 miles.

Rode supertankers

Saw some nice waterfalls

Made dinner

Dinner with a nice view

Saw some rune stones

Got educated on some local history(big image if you actually want to read

Because we spotted this huge thing a little ways from the road.

Bikes worked perfectly. I had to adjust my chain after the ride, my brother had to add a little oil, that was about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

We use hennesy hammocks, they got a built in mosq net that works pretty good. And it's pretty early in the mosquito season here, only saw a few. They don't appear in numbers until late may.
The area we where in are pretty good also, no midges. In the more inner eastern parts midges are a real pain. You really want one of these or a really smoky fire.

• Locked thread