Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Going motocamping this weekend with my buddy, just trying to pick a spot - Shot in the dark I'm sure but are there any decent areas to camp within ~2 hours of Philadelphia that aren't loving family RV "camp" grounds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I'm loading up the tuono next weekend for a little motocamping trip in the ny/pa area. Anyone know of any good spots? Basically anywhere within 2-5ish hours of the nyc area would be solid. The more primitive the better. Was gonna do solo but If anyone wants to tag along that would be cool as well!

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Forgot to post pics of my little 1 night solo camping trip up in Roscoe NY -

Loaded up the Tuono to the gills with a shitload of gear just to see what I could carry for a longer trip. Overall a great success. I highly recommend the bio-lite as a camp stove, especially since you can charge up your phone with it in a pinch.
Had to take it on a ~3 mile gravel road with Q3's, actually was fine and kind of fun sliding it out a bit.

The next morning was absolutely pouring rain - kind of a bitch to pack everything up and get going but everything worked out and the ride home ended up clearing up and was dry. Definitely going to take a longer trip this spring to somewhere cool.

Unpacking

Walmart ozark trail 1 person tent, only $50 and stayed dry even in crazy pouring rain

The campsite was absolutely infested with Red Efts/Eastern Newts!

I actually had to completely relocate the fire ring since every single rock had about 3-4 newts underneath!

Found this pretty strange clearing full of cool old dead trees, pretty much all of them were full of carpenter ants:

Hell yeah sausage and peppers

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
The bio lite is really awesome, I've used it a bunch and it produces a super impressive flame since it has a little self charging fan. Only downsides are it's sometimes hard to start the initial fire if you don't have little fire starter pellets or something, and it goes through wood really fast, but it's really good for cooking.

The bags are cortech super 2.0 - fit pretty well on most of my bikes, a little tricky to attach to the tuono but I got them on there good for the trip.

They are pretty durable and come with rain covers. I also have a magnetic tank bag, but now I have a plastic tank so... no go. Tank bag is the best part too.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Yeah i had a huge battery pack the last time but I guess the bio lite would be a lifesaver in a real survival situation.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I'm planning on going moto camping next weekend (July 28-30) - anyone interested in joining me? I'm thinking either upstate NY or Poconos area PA. I have a good amount of camping gear, biolite, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
It would be cool if we could get a group together to motocamp this summer/fall. Would anyone in the Northeast US be interested?

• Locked thread