Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
Fleece sleeping bags are a great option if you live in a warmer climate, or you can use 2 blankets.

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Stratus-Fleece-Sleeping-Bag/dp/B0009PUQM8

This is also going to be my summer of moto camping.

Luckily a lot of the ultralight stuff that is out these days translates really well into motocamping and there are plenty of sub 3 lb tents, and ultra light bags out there.

Also here are some info on some homemade ultralight stoves if you're interested in building an alcohol stove.

http://zenstoves.net/Stoves.htm

Minkee fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

ant mouth posted:

Went out again this weekend and explored around the Southern part of Mt. Hood National Forest. Went to check out the trails at one of the only open OHV areas but had a hard time finding any decent ones. It's a relatively new OHV spot and seems really spread out. In the process of searching for trails, we found this awesome little fishing hole and spent some time trying to tease tiny rainbow trout out while eating lunch. I want to head back sans gear because we did find some really fun/scary looking hill climbs. Did get to use my new MSR Whisperlite Universal camp stove and it's pretty drat awesome using unleaded gas to cook your dinner.

Urgh I need to hurry up and move already. This is exactly how I want to spend my weekends.

• Locked thread