Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to murder the fucktarded OP, in a sicknasty multiplayer match of GTAV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Yeah right. I'm going to transfer my level 80 character and run you over in my bullet proof futo.

I'm slippery Mexican IRL, and I will be in the multiplayer.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Baby Goku posted:

i juyst joined

me, too

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Uhhhhhhhghghgh yeah I feel you man, it's such a hard decision to buy the best version to date of one of the better game series out there for the PC. gently caress off troll.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress yeah!!!!!!!!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

just finished the preload. im honestly gonna try the SP out for a while because this will be my first time playing this game. but im sure as hell hitting up the MP after an hour or two of loving around

Hopefully MP isn't as bad as GTA4 where you get this huge loading screen every time despite already having the main city loaded.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im really excited, but this 300 MB patch is taking forever to download. WTF.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

after the intro you can start skipping the cutscenes, thank god

also the game runs like butter maxed out on a gtx760. kudos to rockstar actually doing this right, im surprised

As gay as Max Payne 3's cutscenes felt, it was cool that pretty much nothing had the boring and extremely long load screens that GTA 4 had. Like at least they gave you a bad soap drama to watch.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

On the way home now. See you all in game.

It's been patching for 20 minutes and it only took me 12 hours to download the whole game so good luck.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally finished patching... Win.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's really fun to race in first person and hit a jump and have absolutely no loving clue where you are going, and then you feel like a boss when you land it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I haven't had any of the problems you guys have been having, but heads up if it won't install for some reason because lol.

Steam posted:

April 13
Dear Steam Customer,

We recently learned of an issue that can impact players attempting to install Grand Theft Auto V on Windows PCs. For those experiencing this issue, you have three options available to you at this time.

First, Rockstar Games intends to have a fix for this issue soon.

Second, customers can try the manual work around detailed below.

Third, if neither of the above works for you, the self-refund tool will continue to be available until the official fix is released.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Please see below for more information from Rockstar Games, including details on the manual workaround.

The Steam Team

We have identified an issue where players with Windows usernames that include characters not found in the table at the bottom of this page will likely run into difficulties when attempting to download, install, or play GTAV. We are currently working on a fix for this issue.

If you do not want to wait for a fix, you need to create a new Administrator User Account for your Windows system that only includes letters A to Z, a to z or numbers 0-9 from the basic roman alphabet. For a full list of supported characters, see the table at the bottom of this page. Please note that simply renaming your current User Account will not correct this issue. To create the account, follow these instructions from the Microsoft website:

Windows 8/8.1:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8
Windows 7:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-7
Windows Vista:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-vista
We will update this support article with any new information as soon as we have it, including expected timing of a fix and whether you will be able to transfer progress on the newly-created Windows username over to your original Windows user account.

If you would like to receive an automatic update via email when there is more information about a fix, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.

Supported Characters At Launch for Windows Usernames for GTAV PC

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like that you can play with PROS ONLY and force first-person on in multiplayer.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got my first crash just as I turned in teh boat mission. I had to cheat and use third person to catch the failson, because it's hard and I suck.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought the 40k motorcycle off the website u get linked when you buy a garage, then fully upgraded it as much as I could at my early rear end progress in the game... It's insanely fast, faster than the not-ferraris you see on the road, even when those spawn with a turbo motor. Also, you take far, far less damage crashing a motorcycle if you wait two seconds to put on your helmet, just like GTA4. I found that out the hard way when I scraped by a car and my head hit the mirror and instantly killed me like 30 seconds into the game.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frank Horrigan posted:

:wave: I enjoyed shooting at cops with you.

Also, Larry Parish got my car impounded.

I don;t even remember whgen I played with you.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frank Horrigan posted:

Sounds good. Taking a break for the moment, but I've got access to heists now so we can do that later; Add me on social club so I don't have to pick through those lovely crew menus to invite you, and we'll go hold up some banks or something.

I drove up to say hi, you shot me. I respawned, shot you back. Cops shot me for shooting you, car got impounded. Whole ordeal lasted less than a minute.

Oh lol. Freeroam has only actually worked for more than 30 seconds like twice, so I just immediately ice everyone I see.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

For p[eople that want to run non steam copies in big picture, you have to set playgtav.exe to run as administrator in properties. You're welcome.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Turns out if you really hate the ingame editor you can just render all your footage and it gets put in your AppData folder. Then you can just take it and edit it with Movie Maker or Premier or something. Or upload it yourself, I guess.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
T;his video is terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JszgRbNvBrU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm loling at all the people in games tat ignored the warnings that their rockstar account and steam account will be permanently linked and filled them with monkey cheese stuff and fake emails and now they can;t play GTA V.

This happens in every thread with a previously released game having linked accounts w/ steam and poo poo. It's awesome.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im playing in mostly only 3rd person now because the first person camera is sooooo bad. I can't take the FOV. There's a mod that makes it wider for on-foot, but it might possibly get you banned and also it doesn't affect the vehicle FOV, which is my main problem in the first place.

So here's hoping it gets fixed, soon.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Franklin's car is the funniest to drive in first person because you can't see out the back, especially with the roll cage and if you have the ram hood and sunstrip you can't see out the front either.

The armored car for the first heist is also almost impossible to see out of.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I won a race in GTA Online and then got stuck at the zoomed out cityscape loading screen thing for 20 minutes before the game crashed. Win.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whatever happened to True Crime.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tumor looking batty posted:

the game froze for me after doing the setup for my first heist :(

ya i hope they fix the crashes, freezes, and disconnects during MP... otherwise the game is fantastic. i guess i wish i had magic car teleporting in singleplayer though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It is in fact, a fairly loving Win game.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's really fun to stop the muggers or w.e. Shoot them in the kneecaps to slow them down and beat them up.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like that they made the guns way less accurate but not ridiculously so compared to GTA4. It was ridiculous being able to snipe helicopter pilots from super far away with a pistol in that game.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You can still do this.

Yah but at least it takes a clip or two now.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pirate Jet posted:

Honestly I have a hard time finding a better outfit for the characters than the default ones. Rockstar did a good job with the character design.

I guess I usually grow out Michael's hair.

Yeah. Rockstar is an awesome game dev. I also like how if you buy a bunch of clothes for your dudes, they will have a different outfit on when you switch to them. I bought a bunch for Franklin because I like playing him the most and he's always got something new on. The cool part is that it somehow always looks OK and not a hosed up mess like a suit with flipflops.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

been mostly playing online but just switched to franklin to do a few missions and really loved him and michael rescueing jimmy and michael's boat.

goddamn i dont think ive ever had this much fun with a gta before

It's far better than GTA4 or SA in pretty much every way. I wish clothes was still SA style but at least you have more choices than GTA4 so whatever.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

After the first mandatory assassination mission I bought every available clothing item for all characters including the ammunation jackets and glasses.

I really like the redneck shooting vests, for some reason. Makes me feel cool.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I think their was a big step up in production values. Like the voices et are way better and the characters more memorable. Also property buying with real missions.

This... GTA3 was trash in sooo many ways. Like did you guys notice that in Vice City, if you died or got arrested on a mission there'd be a taxi car to take you to the mission. Sometimes it even skipped most of the mission for you.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I gotta say that the player customization in GTA Online is epic... At this rate I expect GTA 6 to be an APB clone with offline mode.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Vice has the best talk radio.

This. I havent listened to the GTA5 one yet though. GTA4 was pretty good also. SA was kinda lame.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frank Horrigan posted:

lmao, this game is awesome

If you steal another character's personal car they get pissed and yell at you on the phone.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i've got blue jam playing on custom radio, fits surprisingly well

done triathlons, flight school and the shooting challenges, what are the best ways to raise the other stats?

Mod a super car or a good sports car, and drive really fast and through lots of traffic, as close as you possibly can. It seems like motorcycles will raise it faster but you will also die way way way more often of course.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frank Horrigan posted:

On the other hand, smashing into poo poo at full speed on a motorcycle is really funny.

It is. It just sucks that you die so easily from crashes because then you have to go to the lockup and get your bike out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's the same damage model from GTA 4 and Max Payne. Anything that's not the head pretty much will take a shitload of hits. Also, enemies that wear armor will take less damage from bullets in general. Unfortunately your characters never really run around in armor like that.

• Locked thread