Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

So I guess they made another Deus ex. The reveal trailer looks alright but they managed to find a title lamer than "invisible war" so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Feel free to use this thread for general Deus ex discussion

I speel my drink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a fourth deus ex?

i never asked for this

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Wasn't mankind divided literally the plot of Human Revolution?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Nobody asked for this.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I just rewatched the trailer with sound and this writing is loving atrocious. I mean human revolution was no pearl but Jensen says something about "the darkness must end" then he murders a bunch of people???? The story doesn't make any sense

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Benny D posted:

I just rewatched the trailer with sound and this writing is loving atrocious. I mean human revolution was no pearl but Jensen says something about "the darkness must end" then he murders a bunch of people???? The story doesn't make any sense

I watched this reveal trailer and it didn't explain every detail of the game's plot so I have no idea what's going on?? WHAT THE gently caress

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's gonna own, just like DXHR

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Frank Horrigan posted:

I watched this reveal trailer and it didn't explain every detail of the game's plot so I have no idea what's going on?? WHAT THE gently caress

Did you actually watch it. It seriously doesn't make any sense

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Benny D posted:

Are you for real dude

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
drat, I'd loving hate it if Adam Jensen said a cheesy line and then killed everybody.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Benny D posted:

is this what lets plays have wrought

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Thug Lessons posted:

drat, I'd loving hate it if Adam Jensen said a cheesy line and then killed everybody.

I don't think he actually kills anyone in human rev

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
The best part of DXHR was Sarif's voice acting. He's supposed to be a ruthless megacorp CEO, but always sounded like he was desperately trying to bum weed off you.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Effectronica posted:

is this what lets plays have wrought

I thought this statement didn't make any sense so I read your post history and none of them made any sense so I'll call this a draw

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
waiting on actual gameplay footage

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
don't know why this is still taking place in prequel land though. thought they kinda resolved that plot thread lovely as that resolution was

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I'm excited for this game and it will be good

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I hope it will be good and that none of the Thief reboot people are in charge of it.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Contra Calculus posted:

waiting on actual gameplay footage

I enjoyed playing HR and its mostly the same team so I'm sure it'll be fun. Ive beaten HR a few times and never done a combat run so I can't speak to its quality as a cover shooter but I hope this one is a little less linear like the DLC but without all the backtracking

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

I hope it will be good and that none of the Thief reboot people are in charge of it.

That was my initial assumption but apparently that was a totally different team. This is being directed by the guy who did HR so were safe there

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Contra Calculus posted:

don't know why this is still taking place in prequel land though. thought they kinda resolved that plot thread lovely as that resolution was

Trailer should've been the same but with bob page narrating it

Edit: the plot synopsis has Jensen as an Interpol agent so im guessing this follows the end of the missing link DLC and leads up to the establishment of UNATCO or something

Unexpected Raw Anime fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 9, 2015

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekVI_UoEYRc

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

He kills mad people in that trailer.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

those were the other kind of man. the kind its not bad to kill.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I can't figure out which "ending" they picked from HR. Jensen getting plucked out of the water makes it look like he blew up panchea

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was that hidden room one that's the actual ending I think

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Benny D posted:

I can't figure out which "ending" they picked from HR. Jensen getting plucked out of the water makes it look like he blew up panchea

i think they said all endings will be canon somehow

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Let me show you are nightmare future in which people are in fervent disagreement.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

wait no it's the other way around, no ending is canon

Dec 26, 2012

Frog Act posted:

Frog Act posted:

wait no it's the other way around, no ending is canon

getting serious iw vibes here

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Thug Lessons posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Maybe instead of outsourcing boss battles this time they just outsourced the whole "cover shooter" bit

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
I can't wait to have to buy this again two years later after they fix all the dumb poo poo and sell it as a separate game.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Frog Act posted:

lol they did the same thing as invisible war

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Black Baby Goku posted:

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
wait if all endings are canon, it means Jensen blew up Panchaea, framed both Taggart and Sarif, released all the information detailing that both groups were framing each other and all biotech research secrets, and killed them all and destroyed all the biotech research because Sarif and Humanity Front were both on Panchaea as well as Darrow's research.

lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

memy posted:

I can't wait to have to buy this again two years later after they fix all the dumb poo poo and sell it as a separate game.

There was so much content they didn't finish for HR I hope they had a more realistic production schedule this time. Upper hengsha and montreal were both supposed to have city hubs. The commentary on the endings is pretty hilarious, it's basically three people stammering through why they didn't have time to finish what was essentially the exact same ending setup as the original so they just went with buttons.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
This also means that research on biotech is both strongly regulated and not regulated at all at the same time? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Contra Calculus posted:

This also means that research on biotech is both strongly regulated and not regulated at all at the same time? :psyduck:

They can write themselves out of all of that, just say "the illuminati overrode whatever message you told Eliza to send and then blew up panchea"

• Locked thread