Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

I tried to beat HR non-lethally but when I threw an EMP grenade at the giant box robot that was shooting Malik's airship apparently one guy decided to sacrifice himself to die with his robot buddy and I didn't notice so I didn't get the cheevo

You have to grab the ko'd guys and move them around in the middle of the firefight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

If oyu time it right, there's only one guy that you need to move.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You have to grab the ko'd guys and move them around in the middle of the firefight.

dang. I always thought the box droid would kill Malik within seconds if I didn't take care of it so I always destroyed it before running around punching the other guys

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the energy bar system was also awkward as all loving hell and they didnt really fix it or make any attempt to change it in the director's cut.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

dang. I always thought the box droid would kill Malik within seconds if I didn't take care of it so I always destroyed it before running around punching the other guys

He doesn;t activate until you get fairly close to the bottom if you are fast enough. Just use protein bars and takedown everyone.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

the energy bar system was also awkward as all loving hell and they didnt really fix it or make any attempt to change it in the director's cut.

i think it would be cool if instead of limiting how much cool stuff you could do at any given time they balanced the difficulty with the assumption that you will do all the cool stuff you can

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

they made it auto-regen 2 bars, which was better if not a clean fix

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

they made it auto-regen 2 bars, which was better if not a clean fix

Wasn't that just an aug you could get?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

nope, director's cut only

Dec 26, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

nah, that was added for director's. the augs you could get increased your max number and increased the regen rate

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I've beaten Deus ex a dozen times and I can't remember if there was a way to align yourself with Bob page at the end

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I was always disappointed that they didn't finish the story branch where you stay with UNATCO. I would've enjoyed murdering the various members of the illuminati & shooting my brother Paul down like a dog in the street

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the illuminati will be a series of boss fights in the new deus ex, 12 white men made of diamond that are thousands of years old. but can jensen find a diplomatic solution?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A metal gear crossover where Jensen hunts down and slaughters all living members of the Patriots

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

This is now the Hideo Kojima hype/free-agency watch thread

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Pritchard and Otacon arguing in boss' ear....... Fcked up if true

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Benny D posted:

I was always disappointed that they didn't finish the story branch where you stay with UNATCO. I would've enjoyed murdering the various members of the illuminati & shooting my brother Paul down like a dog in the street

Yea. What a shame...

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

25 hour heroic epic of Walton Simons' backstory and tragic decline into villainy

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Benny D posted:

:staredog:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
why is Mankind Divided a lovely name? why is Invisible War a lovely name?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

25 hour heroic epic of Walton Simons' backstory and tragic decline into villainy

If there is a gene for "head evil henchman" I'm p sure Simons had that poo poo

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i joined the illuminati at the end of Deus Ex because all the other options seemed really dumb. coincidentally, even though i beat HR like last month, i can't even remember what all the ending options were because i feel like they were really dumb

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope they make it so all your batteries charge up after using them rather than waiting for one dumb battery to charge up.

That was really lame and the only thing that prevented me from declaring HR as GOTY when it came out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Personally I hope they just have melee combat like the original Deus Ex

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah i actually kind of hope they go back to first person whacking people on the head to knock people out as fun as it was to pretend to be Steven Seagal.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Mach2 posted:

This is the dumbest cop-out ever. Something happened at the end of Deus Ex HR. It didn't end with Adam passing out and waking up at home or something. This is stupid.

i think what happens is whatever message you pick doesnt get out

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I like the takedown system because it had cool animations but if they could make melee weaposn cool like that I would be into it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The melee combat from the Chronicles of Riddick games would work nicely. Or just make the takedown animation one punch and don't take it out of first person mode, just like Dishonored.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Include both quick first-person takedown animations and lengthy third-person takedowns, and let people choose which ones they want.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

Include both quick first-person takedown animations and lengthy third-person takedowns, and let people choose which ones they want.

The takedowns could be energy based like before and maybe the energy doesn't recover unless you eat, so you can depend on the melee system if your sneaky but if things go bad you have a fallback. That would be neat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Honestly I don't give a frick what they do as long as I can still push a button to make Adam Jensen ruthlessly gut prostitutes on the streets of a smoky Chinese future slum.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Just give us normal melee attacks ffs

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

VideoGames posted:

why is Mankind Divided a lovely name? why is Invisible War a lovely name?

I actually kinda inner Invisible War as a name.

Mankind Divided just sounds weird and clunky.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I hope all those badass arm-concealed weapons that Adam used in the cg trailer can be used in first person. I love poo poo like that

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I hope all those badass arm-concealed weapons that Adam used in the cg trailer can be used in first person. I love poo poo like that
I'm certain the taser and reported PEPS replacement will be.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

the dumbass zombies in the last level were totally worth saving the peps gun all the way from detroit just to use it on them

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i just ran around all of them

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
CVLOSRE THISE THREAD! I DON"T WANNA REPLAY THIS loving GAME UNTIL ITS CLOSER TO THE FOURTH ONE!!! gently caress OFF!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

CVLOSRE THISE THREAD! I DON"T WANNA REPLAY THIS loving GAME UNTIL ITS CLOSER TO THE FOURTH ONE!!! gently caress OFF!

Remember using the ground pound move in hengsha to cavitate cop skulls from 4 stories up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I liked that Pritchard never turned out to be evil in HR even though they spent the whole game teasing that he would. He's just an rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread