Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Hell get in an elevator and Ridley will break open the nearby electronic panel, short-circuiting his old augs so he has to become the test subject for experimental nanomachine augmentation

Didn't it say that all the first subjects die immediately in some log in the original Deus Ex?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Didn't it say that all the first subjects die immediately in some log in the original Deus Ex?

That's why he dies in the first 30 minutes and you play as Paul Denton for the rest of the game

Dec 26, 2012

That's why he dies in the first 30 minutes and you play as Paul Denton for the rest of the game

i definitely asked for this

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I'd rather play as Walton Simons.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'd most rather play as Bob Page

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hong Kong cyberpunk NOLF with a young Maggie Chow, in the fresh.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Adam suffered severe cerebral damage from the panchea blast and his augs have to be turned back on slowly so his brain can adjust to them. This is the same excuse they used in HR for why he couldn't use all the poo poo he already had installed, because of the bullet that should've blown half his head off

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Expect cameos of Deus Ex favorites such as:
Slightly Older HR tracer tong
Beth DuClaire
Stanton Dowd probably not fat yet
I swear to gently caress if they don't use bob page for more than one cutscene in this game.............. They had him in that stupid iOS game that no one played so hopefully he did that because he was recording a bunch of lines for this

Edit I forget his name but that guy who runs UNATCO was mentioned in several emails in HR so he'll probably be the Interpol director or some poo poo

Unexpected Raw Anime fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 11, 2015

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
Paul

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Yeah they all die from grey death basically

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

BrettRobb posted:

Also if this game has unified ammo I will kill myself

i wouldn't mind you can make it seem semi-sensible in a futuristic setting and boy howdy i fuckin hate managing ammo in DE games. always end uip carrying a shitload for guns i never use "just in case"

Dec 26, 2012

unified ammo as a concept is fine, unified ammo as presented by iw sucked a big one

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
This series is in dangerous jeopardy of the prequel being more advanced than the original ala starwars.

Or is this a reboot, which case they need to cut to the chase and do the Denton saga already

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Whenever I realize that they've remade deus ex I get excited and want them to recreate system shock, then I remember that's want bioshock was supposed to be lmbo

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Like I literally do not associate those games at all. Why do they even call them bioshock at this point

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I too would like to play a Deus Ex game with an eleven year old player character.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Sleeping Dogs Ex

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

01011001 posted:

unified ammo as a concept is fine, unified ammo as presented by iw sucked a big one

oh i never played IW, i almost did when i was playing DE for the first time and then moved onto HR, but the internet made it sound like it wasn't even with the $7 it costs on steam now

BrettRobb posted:

Whenever I realize that they've remade deus ex I get excited and want them to recreate system shock, then I remember that's want bioshock was supposed to be lmbo

i finally played system shock 2 for teh first time in december and i have to say, holy mackerel, it was really spectacular. i played bioshock 1 afterwards which still felt like a great game but the sheer weird elegance of system shock 2's writing seems to be unmatched

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I prefer playing deus ex non lethal up until the point of Paul dying, then after that you enter your dark stage of murder machine without paul as a conscience anymore.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Also Paul should always die it just makes the dark note of the latter half of the game all the more fitting

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Frog Act posted:

oh i never played IW, i almost did when i was playing DE for the first time and then moved onto HR, but the internet made it sound like it wasn't even with the $7 it costs on steam now

i finally played system shock 2 for teh first time in december and i have to say, holy mackerel, it was really spectacular. i played bioshock 1 afterwards which still felt like a great game but the sheer weird elegance of system shock 2's writing seems to be unmatched

I like IW, but basically every thing you've heard about it is true. If you play as female lead non lethal it's actually somewhat of an ok game for the time in retrospect.

Yeah ss2 loving owns and there was a pretty long period where the game would barely even run on windows xp or some poo poo and it was annoying.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am ok with combined ammo, as long as that means the game has 2 or 3 insanely crazy Hard Reset style guns that get mods installed in them so it's a combined plasma rifle/lightning mortar/railgun depending how much money you dumped into your gun.

Like maybe instead of a pistol, a tranq rifle, and a stun gun, you have all three in the same gun and they share ammo count, but not with your rifle or big gun ammo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Frog Act posted:

IW on PC is the most broken port I've ever seen of a game. Every time you hit a loading screen the game closes and launched a new executable because that's how the engine was designed

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

isnt it considered non canon anyway

Dec 26, 2012

its considered a not very good game, and thats really all you need to know

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

jc denton was the bad guy for some reason right?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Frog Act posted:

isnt it considered non canon anyway
Nothing has come after it in the timeline so whether it's canon or not is 100% up to you

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ostentatious posted:

jc denton was the bad guy for some reason right?
Not exactly. You encounter him at the end of the game no matter what, but the Templars were probably the closest to a straight-up villain. Naturally you can side with them, despite it making no sense.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I hope in MD we get to see Pritchard's script for his NUCL3ARSN4KE show

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

my biggest hope is that there are no boss fights. i hated those so much. i almost quit at the stupid one with the guy who runs around really fast in the maze, but ultimately ended up beating it by bringing a hacked turret from the beginning of the level down the elevator and running past it a lot during the fight

Dec 26, 2012

bring back boss killcodes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Not exactly. You encounter him at the end of the game no matter what, but the Templars were probably the closest to a straight-up villain. Naturally you can side with them, despite it making no sense.

Yeah. The only good part of the game is the Coffee Wars but the rest of it sucks so bad

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

RIP the youtube vid where a dude walks into a police station with an LMG and murders everyone while gently caress The Police plays

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This game and batman arkham origins both have good cop smashing segments.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love that there's no serious consequences for walking into a police department and brutally murdering them all.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Larry Parrish posted:

I love that there's no serious consequences for walking into a police department and brutally murdering them all.

Adam Jensen is white and rich.

Dec 26, 2012

Retromancer posted:

Adam Jensen is white and rich.

geez i had no idea the comedians were online tonight!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I feel a pang of empathy everytime I accidentally kill somebody in a deus ex game so I always reload if that happens.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

All of the advertising for HR called it a "prequel" but the two stories about mAnkind divided refer to HR as "The Deux Ex reboot"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

BrettRobb posted:

This series is in dangerous jeopardy of the prequel being more advanced than the original ala starwars.

Or is this a reboot, which case they need to cut to the chase and do the Denton saga already

HR was already a lot more advanced than Deus ex. They had jock fly some stealth helicopter and Malik had a cold fusion osprey

• Locked thread