Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Benny D posted:

I can't figure out which "ending" they picked from HR. Jensen getting plucked out of the water makes it look like he blew up panchea

i think they said all endings will be canon somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

wait no it's the other way around, no ending is canon

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i joined the illuminati at the end of Deus Ex because all the other options seemed really dumb. coincidentally, even though i beat HR like last month, i can't even remember what all the ending options were because i feel like they were really dumb

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I like the takedown system because it had cool animations but if they could make melee weaposn cool like that I would be into it

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i just ran around all of them

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i would like to seem them make the guns feel a little more powerful this time around, with appropriate balance adjustments to compensate. the shotgun was like a peashooter in HR and that bugged me some.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Benny D posted:

The assault shotgun in Deus ex really made you feel like you were blowing motherfuckers away

yeah i want that kind of solid feeling with shotguns in games

Benny D posted:

Do I have to save Malik and van Brugen to get pacifist the Internet has conflicting answers

Edit Ive had to reload twice now because apparently dragging a dude into a vent kills them

i couldn't even save her on easy because i'm bad at video games

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Benny D posted:

I've never not saved Malik. What happens if you don't? Who picks the scientists up at omega? Is it just some random dude flying the bird

after failing to save her i don't remember it really coming up again so i guess

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Benny D posted:

Run down the side of the ditch to the left, when you come to the top immediately taze the heavy guy. Turn left and takedown e other heavy. Go to your right and takedown the guy there, drag his body away then emp grenade the robot. There's one more guy on the ground and then the two snipers you can take your time with if you hurry the first part

ill keep this in mind for my next playthrough, it sounds superior to my strategy of faffing around trying to climb buildings on the right hand side, uselessly shooting a big robot until her ship exploded. :mrwhite:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

yeah now I remember that and being angry about it, so I killed all the triads

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

01011001 posted:

the combat rifle was the saddest drat thing

yeah. i wish there was a better way to make weapons improvable than "now it will only take one clip to kill a guy". combat rifle sucked poo poo and i used the pistol for most of the game, really

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i was too lovely at the game to do nonlethal. every time i tried to be sneaky or whatever i just got spotted, and had to run back to the vents and hide like some kind of giant silverfish or something, until i just got frustrated and started killing everyone. though that big encounter after you talk to the broadcaster lady i managed to do entirely nonlethal with a bunch of gas grenades

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

BrettRobb posted:

Also if this game has unified ammo I will kill myself

i wouldn't mind you can make it seem semi-sensible in a futuristic setting and boy howdy i fuckin hate managing ammo in DE games. always end uip carrying a shitload for guns i never use "just in case"

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

01011001 posted:

unified ammo as a concept is fine, unified ammo as presented by iw sucked a big one

oh i never played IW, i almost did when i was playing DE for the first time and then moved onto HR, but the internet made it sound like it wasn't even with the $7 it costs on steam now

BrettRobb posted:

Whenever I realize that they've remade deus ex I get excited and want them to recreate system shock, then I remember that's want bioshock was supposed to be lmbo

i finally played system shock 2 for teh first time in december and i have to say, holy mackerel, it was really spectacular. i played bioshock 1 afterwards which still felt like a great game but the sheer weird elegance of system shock 2's writing seems to be unmatched

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

isnt it considered non canon anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

my biggest hope is that there are no boss fights. i hated those so much. i almost quit at the stupid one with the guy who runs around really fast in the maze, but ultimately ended up beating it by bringing a hacked turret from the beginning of the level down the elevator and running past it a lot during the fight

• Locked thread