Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Clanbook: Gangrel posted:

CJ: (in a pseudo street-rap staccato) 
They call me CJ, and it was 50 years back 
a bitch named Mikki took my blood and gave it back 
I thought I was sick, I felt so queasy and green, 
I felt myself hooked on something I never seen

Behold, the whitest thing ever written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

tatankatonk posted:

So this is my favorite trick: we present our guests with a plate of bosghetti, and then I will say, 'Why don't you eat some bosghetti?'

See me.... see meeee...

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

The last few pages of Technocracy talk perfectly illustrate why I always loved the Conventions. A massive global conspiracy that's got so convoluted that no-one knows who's really running the show, filled with a competing mix of humanist idealists, power-hungry opressors and literal mad scientists? There's a lot of scope for all sorts of things in that concept, and it all depends on what facets you want to highlight at any given time.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Sorry about bringing up Technocracy Chat again, but having genuinely good and idealistic people working for a horrible, hidebound and in some places evil organisation is such a great hook that I really don't understand why people hate it as a direction.

How much minor weirdness do you overlook to focus on big threats?
What happens when you have more in common with your "opposite numbers" in the Traditions than you do with the awful people you work for?
What if you have to work with, say, Werewolves, to defeat some horrible thing from the Umbra?
What if they're good people, but your boss is asking pointed questions and giving meaningful nods towards the silver-filled claymore mine?
What happens when you uncover corruption (literal, magical corruption) within the ranks, but don't have the rank/clearance to be heard?

IMO the real antagonist in a Technocracy game isn't a rabble of Reality Deviants, it's the Technocratic system tself.