Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

joylessdivision posted:

:allears: Vampire Vince has the potential to be one of the funniest, and also probably extremely terrifying characters to be thought up in this thread.

E: 3 faces of Foley as a Malkavian.

Somehow Elder Hardluck gets thrown off the top of a cell through a table because of course.

Speaking of, did anyone ever stat out Elder Hardluck? Because I kinda want to steal him for my own games.

Daeva Invictus, rolls hard on Majesty but turns it off frequently because he likes to be challenged. It is unclear exactly how much he's been helping the local Carthian movement on the sly to give himself an opposition to crush, and indeed no one's totally sure if he even knows how many plots are shoots or works any more.

e: he has also never seen a vampire movie.

Not even one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Kane is some dude possessed by a fire spirit. No one has any idea why he's here, but he is.

Bray Wyatt is a Strix.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

joylessdivision posted:

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what Kane would be.

Wait so is Fin Balor possessed too?

Sure, why not.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Kurieg posted:

So what would Bray Wyatt be in the WWOD?

Strix.

I mean, I could see Scelestus, but Strix for a vampire game.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

joylessdivision posted:

But who is secretly a Promethean?

It's X-Pac, his disquiet is X-Pac heat

For a more obvious answer, Brock Lesnar.

Brock Lesnar is a gigantic meat mountain who is extremely offputting to be around, spends most of his time away from everyone else, and has someone to talk for him because whenever he tries to talk he makes everyone unhappy, with him.

Also he seems unable to be permanently injured.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

John Cena is a perfectly normal human.

He doesn't age, though.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

needs more gradients

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Anarch, otherwise perfectly identical, because Nosferatu are one of the clans that changed very little.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The union has not called for a boycott, so it's up to individuals here. I believe their reasoning was at this moment it'd hurt creators more than Kickstarter and they don't want that.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I actually don't think eating a vampire would gently caress up a werewolf more than eating a human would. Like, I'd treat it as 'you ate a human, but this one tasted super gross except for the blood.'

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I put in for the basic pledge level for now, just to catch updates. Can't say as I'm super surprised the union was not mentioned in the risks, but I am somewhat disappointed.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

yes, perfect

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Blitz7x posted:

As long as the group is mature and the ST is okay with it who cares if you roleplay a Ministry/Settite skinhead tattoo artist or whatever. It's just RP.

gently caress off.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Having just finished an F+F of the Promethean 2e Night Horrors book, I can definitely say I plan to import the Hybrids to Deviant, where they fit way better than they do in Promethean. (Different flavors of body horror; clone warriors and Hybrids feel more Deviant, compared to stuff like Limb Trees or the lady who keeps killing Prometheans to clone her dead kids.)

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

No, an international incident is when Chechnya's president takes personal offense over the game and it hits Russian politics.

Man it was weird having friends who follow Russian politics but not Vampire trying to figure out what the gently caress was going on during that.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The specific content: Mark Rein*Hagen (probably, not definitely but he definitely was taking credit for the content BEFORE he felt like he might get arrested for it) wrote about how Chechnya's concentration camps for gay people and whole anti-gay crusading was actually a smokescreen for vampires having taken over Chechnya, and had made a caricature of the Chechan president a ghoul under their control.

e: like, this was offensive to actually normal people because holy poo poo, you're making genocide of gay folks into a smokescreen? and offensive to the Chechan president because gay people don't exist in Chechnya according to official Chechan propaganda

e2: this was specifically in the Camarilla book, I believe. I think it got removed by Modiphius and now exists only in the original print run?

The Chechan president demanded some...weird thing involving a "World of Light" rebuttal, that never went anywhere, but Russia definitely starting investigating a bunch of distributors and arrests were threatened in some cases. Big ol' thing in the news cycle of Russia and Eastern Europe for several days, and it ended with Paradox literally shutting down White Wolf as a subsidiary company, taking everything back into the Paradox corporate house and, at about the time Swedish law would've allowed it, firing Martin Ericsson, the guy who had been running the show there.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 26, 2019

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

No, not for quite a while. He wrote for one execrable mobile game for White Wolf; Martin Ericsson defended him when complaints came up. This was...gosh, two years ago now? One or two years ago, before V5 itself really came out. He has not been rehired, and has never worked for Onyx Path.

E: and yes, Zak S is a serial harasser and has been credibly accused of sexual abuse by his ex-girlfriend.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Paradox also dissolved White Wolf as a separate company subsidiary to Paradox, which it had been up to that point, and announced that there would be no further in-house publishing, but rather licensing out to Modiphius and Onyx Path. (Paradox had also been essentially entirely hands-off, the way Paradox reps tell it - people had been sending emails to Paradox about other idiotic stunts that Ericsson was pulling before then and had gotten responses back that essentially White Wolf as a separate subsidiary was not something the parent company was responsible for the actions of.)

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The issue isn't that V5 exists - there's some perfectly decent posters here that like V5 and have good games of it and enjoy it and that's perfectly valid, even with its history.

The issue is the consistent assholes shitposting constantly

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Wait, did they literally just put in a stealth announcement for a Switch/PC game called Coteries of New York, or was that known?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I've found Night Horrors books tend to be real good at selling people on things.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Dave Brookshaw posted:

I know that I’m horribly biased, but could I add Signs of Sorcery to the Awakening list?

For Requiem, I would say

The Clanbooks
Damnation City
A Thousand Year’s of Night
Night Horrors: Wicked Dead

Ancient Bloodlines/Ancient Mysteries.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Magic would literally not be successful on the level it is if they didn't aim at both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

thespaceinvader posted:

He supervises one doctoral student at a time, basically. Who just got taken away to the middle east by a rival. And is one of his touchstones. That plus wake with evening's freshness (and a bit of ST flexibility on what danger means), and the vast majority of the University term taking place between October and March means he gets plenty of hours of darkness at semi-reasonable times.

Plus, this is going to be something of a plot point in future, his current mask is like... 70+, and he's going to have to update it soon which is going to be interesting given that he pretty firmly doesn't understand modern technology at all. That's going to be his downfall more than anything, academics at this university, especially classicists, double especially aging classicists, have something of a reputation which helps him out, but starting again as a 30-odd-year-old is probably beyond him now. It's going to be interesting.

I Have Plans.

tenure is a lie, destroy this liar before he gives hope to young professors