Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Im also thinking their job would be to make sure mages arent interfering too much in mortal affairs. (Like dominating the US prez for example)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Im thinking like "true blood" public.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

:tinfoil: This is a plot by the God-Machine to generate enough essence from the embarrassment of Ashley Madison employees and users to build an angel that will build another angel that will make sure a man named Howard Smalls will win the lottery with the winning numbers of 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 and then be hit by a drunk driver on his way to collect to his winnings.

But what does it mean?!?!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Okay, the US in 1990. Which state should I set my tier 1 hunter game in? Im thinking it needs to be somewhat rural aswell as having a metropolitan. Virginia maybe? Louisiana?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Isnt California mostly desert? Let's narrow it down to one of the original 13 colonies.

LGD posted:

She was 26 in 1990 and wouldnt be elected for anything for another two years :ssh:

It's a G-M plot.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Another question: How to I get a tier 1 hunter cell to stick together?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

As a group.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Swagger Dagger posted:

Assume that your players actually want to play the game, so they have to buy into the setting conceit.

That's asking alot.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Would anyone be interested in a hunter pbp game in NOLA during the early 1990s? I'm pretty new whem it comes to PbP and I'm also interestdd to see how people who know WoD deal with being a hunter.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

welp

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

How different is the NOLA of the 70s compared to the 90s. Im thinking that the development of the city, cultural and economically just stopped in the 70s and hasnt progressed in 20 years.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

I have an idea that involves the hunters in my game befriending a human that happens to be hunted by the cheiron group. Is inter-conspiracy rivalry and threat a valid thing to do?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

My idea is to make him a cheiron group defector turned Aegis Kai Doru.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Nearly finished mapping out the other hunters in NOLA :toot:

https://new-times-in-new-orleans.obsidianportal.com/characters

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Well, all these are NPCs. I haven't started redcruiting for the game yet. Also, regarding the names. Yes. I will do that, thanks!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Would The Union be a decent compact for a homeless person to be a part of?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

Could be, yeah, depending on the locl flavor of the Union, but the Night Watch is kind of more targeted at "those who can't protect themselves" in that regard, thus why they mostly hunt vampires who prey on those who will not be missed. The Union in a way is a bit more about neighborhoods and communities less than transients, and a homeless person in the Union would likely have a lot of stigma to be up against (which isn't a bad plot hook at all.)

e: The Long Night specifically does a lot of homeless shelters and outreach to get members, that could work well too.

He's a vietnam war vet. Im thinking he "patrols" the french quarter. I'm thinking of somehow connecting him with the owners of the Union Dive bar (who are members of The Union) and they like pay for his medical bills and give him all the nightly tips.

Not really a fan of long night tbh.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Promethean - The greatest RPG that you will never play.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Okay, im almost ready to start my HtV game. Just two more questions: Whats a good introductory hunt scenario type deal. And how do you find/track a werewolf?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Hostile V posted:

The former heavily depends on the party makeup. The latter? Set up cameras and lay bait, monitoring the area is key. Figure out what the werewolf is after/here for and try and predict their behavior from there.

But how do you identify one?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

I have an idea! But it requires my players to have some sort of connection to the police. Either as cops or consultants or whatever. Is that too cliché snd/or dickish to ask? The idea goes that basically two cops got murdered and had various facial parts removed. Im going with an angel thats trying to regain some of his cover in a really wierd way. The clue that gets them all going in the right direction is the tip that the car the angel is driving isnt a car from any real manufacturer, and his numberplate doesnt match up to where its licensed. Good idea/bad?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Yeah, ive been reading through tales of the 13th precinct.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Are there any mage equivalent of a ghoul?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Sweet. Which book are they in?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Gotcha, thanks!

Speaking of 2nd, whats the ETA?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Im thinking of having one as the personal manservant for one of my NPCs. Mages are also ageless in my game, because gently caress having unlimited power if you can only enjoy it for 40 years.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Y'all are right. As usual. Im making one of my antagonists a Tremere then.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Tremere uber alles. Camarilla victor.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

How do you guys handle lying NPCs? It seems to me that a simple roll will lead to incredibly dumb suspension of disbelief, and blindly trusting everything an NPC put forward.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

The problem is also that asking the players to roll will tip them off.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Luminous Obscurity posted:

The Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Kickstarter is going live this week.

God help us all.

It cant be THAT bad, can it? :ohdear:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Man, just merge Ascending Ones and Aegis Kai Doru. Malleus Maleficarum owns, hth.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Ive been out of the loop for a while. Is there an update on 2nd Edition mage/ hunter?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Im bringing a new player into my campaign on friday. I'm planning to run Bad Night at Blackmoon Farm. Would it be a problem if I swapped out Brigham for the new players character?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

NordicLARP is basically who can give the best blowjob to the organizers in return for the most powers and/or plot relevance.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Magnusth posted:

Show your work.

I can't. I can only perform :gay:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Ven-true-E

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

At what point does it becomes the storytellers fault that players are dead at the end of an encounter? Most issues can be solved with liberal application of guns in HtV. But what about monsters that dont give a gently caress about bullets?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

For a game where the players are police officers, would a tattoo that can only be seen if you know what it looks like and are actively looking for it, work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

I dunno really. Bad guy cult members, so they could identify each other, but not by random cop X.