Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Mr. Maltose posted:

Let's be fair though, it's a way better use of someone's time to fix Leviathan then fix Beast even though everyone and their loving brother trips over themselves to do the latter.

Not gonna lie when I say I used the former as methadone for the latter when I was going through that part of the grieving process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
I ran it by my girlfriend who's super into fashion (especially Runway Madness) and she's actually a fan of the look, which surprised the hell out of me. When I showed her your post, Loomer, she, uh, had opinions!

quote:

That person has bad taste

This particular style is more reminiscent of the close fitting, sheer looks you might find in the likes of a zuhair murad collection. The symmetrical angular gloves do what they are supposed to do - symbolize the twin nature of the vampire. The pose is entreating, which fits with the side-bar, helping to craft the overall impression of a creature who craves attention to its core and is simultaneously enslaved by it's base nature. A pose that looks confident on initial examination and then pleading. Excellent choice of style for the message being conveyed. And if you want asymmetry you can find it in the immaculate hair styling.

this is good fashion as art damnit

(he might be right on it not being a super inspired piece of clothing on its own, but as a storytelling element? loving A+)

:munch: Apparently I'm dating a toreador myself by the bad taste comment.

Daeren fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 28, 2018

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Loomer posted:

Digital toreador fight. If we're symbolizing the dual nature of the vampire, stigmata-iconography bondage gloves are the wrong way to do it. They only advance the slave motif, not a vampiric struggle one, and we already have plenty of that in the dress itself. It's redundant, they're an eye sore, and it's all a little on the nose. The hair's asymmetricality actually works against the outfit because of the organic shape, since while asymmetrical hair can work really nicely it needs to be balanced by angularity elsewhere and the gloves are failing to provide that visual balance. The pose is nice - but the pose is not the outfit, which is my point of critique.

She's right though, I do have bad taste. My abiding love of the oWoD is proof of that.

EDIT:
On a related note, American Psycho is the best Toreador film.

quote:

The stigmata iconography in question is something I'm not picking up on. While she has her hands out, there's nothing highlighted in the palm of either glove. The point is also that the Toreador are presented in the sidebar as kinda hypocritical ponces who would absolutely push the narrative of being enslaved by their base nature as opposed to taking responsibility for managing it.

I'll agree to disagree on the hair front. I find that the natural and organic shapes help to convey softness in potentia. The angularity is, I feel, provided by the gloves and the pose itself - which while the pose is not the outfit, even a casual view of a fashion show will demonstrate that the pose and bearing of the model contribute heavily to the overall feel of a look that a designer has put together. Someone slouching and staring at the floor would completely alter the feel of the outfit, which in this case is a very clear statement piece designed to complement the accompanying meta. I personally wouldn't wear that dress and find it tacky as hell, but it is daring, and it is making some very strong statements.

This is great, she doesn't even really know old Vampire and she's hitting the nail on the head.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Loomer posted:

The pose, together with the emphasis on the wrist presented by the gloves - a more viable placement for nails than the palm proper - have pretty clear stigmata overtones to me. We're in agreement that the dress is tacky, though. As for the asymmetry issue, I maintain that either angular asymmetrical or symmetrical organic are the way to go with outfits that play with the lines of the human body (with some exceptions, e.g. sweepingly organic pieces overall), and that the doubling up on angularity at the wrist is a poor decision.

quote:

While I can now see what you mean, my first thoughts were of an opera singer. Although having thought on it some, a deliberately profaned presentation of stigmata iconography works really well with the overall message being conveyed by the piece. I find the jarring angular symmetrical lines work really well with the dress in highlighting that nothing here is really organic anymore to begin with, and the hints of it which remain - the hair, the makeup, the exposed skin - are a facade. It's unsettling on purpose. I maintain that while it might not be a particularly effective dress if you're looking at it in isolation, the finished image is excellent art.

And really, couture is about art and statement, rather than any kind of practical application. So in that regard, it is also an effective dress.

This is fun.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

I need to know the thread this came from because this is the best new emote I've seen in years.

Also I suggest striking a deal with an internal security element that's gotten bored out of its skull and/or is on the take from some rival Seer cabal and looking for an excuse to gently caress the tech ones.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
oh hey in news about games made by people who aren't garbage :pcgaming:Geist 2E kickstarter is live:pcgaming:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/geist-the-sin-eaters-2nd-edition

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Bedlamdan posted:

Well, that's true, but most of these people are identified as alt-right by others, rather than making it a core part of self-identity. Gatekeeping via content to keep out these undesirables doesn't really work, there are still daily CoD generals on 4chan for example who just bitch about this or that transgender NPC and then continue to buy and/or pirate OPP stuff.

Alright I realize i'm replying to a Bedlamdan post but if you are defining gatekeeping as "not throwing bones to Nazis," rather than aggressively policing something to maintain a small and exclusionary in-club, and equating that with people on a website that has been overrun by Nazis getting mad at including representation for marginalized groups, I suggest you take some time to try to extract yourself from the caving expedition up your own rear end you seem to be lost in.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Nessus posted:

Aye. Tolkien took pains to tell Nazis off even before the war, for instance.

When trying to get a German translation for the Hobbit printed shortly before World War 2, he had a publishing house ask him for proof of Aryan heritage before they'd proceed, to which he replied with one of two possible letters he wrote - it's unclear which got sent. I vastly prefer to think it was the one that said this (emphasis my own):

quote:

Thank you for your letter. I regret that I am not clear as to what you intend by arisch. I am not of Aryan extraction: that is Indo-Iranian; as far as I am aware none of my ancestors spoke Hindustani, Persian, Gypsy, or any related dialects. But if I am to understand that you are enquiring whether I am of Jewish origin, I can only reply that I regret that I appear to have no ancestors of that gifted people. My great-great-grandfather came to England in the eighteenth century from Germany: the main part of my descent is therefore purely English, and I am an English subject - which should be sufficient. I have been accustomed, nonetheless, to regard my German name with pride, and continued to do so throughout the period of the late regrettable war, in which I served in the English army. I cannot, however, forbear to comment that if impertinent and irrelevant inquiries of this sort are to become the rule in matters of literature, then the time is not far distant when a German name will no longer be a source of pride.

Your enquiry is doubtless made in order to comply with the laws of your own country, but that this should be held to apply to the subjects of another state would be improper, even if it had (as it has not) any bearing whatsoever on the merits of my work or its sustainability for publication, of which you appear to have satisfied yourselves without reference to my Abstammung.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
The best you can get out of an SAS is some individual ideas and NPCs to steal for actual good stuff you run on your own. The ones that came out alongside the Horror Recognition Guide hit above par for that, but are still a mixed bag, even though HRG is one of the best books they've ever printed.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

neaden posted:

New preview is up for Geist, this time it's the antagonists and locations.
Reapers seem cool, the examples are nice too. Mass and the judge both seem like good long term villains to slot on. I think they need a little more detail though, like do they gain essence from reaping ghosts, it kind of seems like it but it's not stated. It says they destroy anchors too, but given that your body it an anchor it seems like that means they should be destroying graveyards left and right.

neaden posted:

I think some more clarification on Reapers in general would be good. Like the DC section talks about a famous 100 year old haunted house. How come Reapers haven't dragged those ghosts, or even the whole house, to the Underworld. Are they just rare enough that none of them have gotten around to it?

I think in the former case, it's because every graveyard/site of mass death has its first ghost come back as an empowered guardian geist, church grim style, and their entire job is to go :siren::bustem::siren: and beat the poo poo out of anything that pops out of the local Gate. Considering they're at minimum Rank 3, plausibly Rank 4, and I'd say justifiably Rank 5 if the graveyard is old as balls - as well as backed up by however many Rank 2 ghosts are feeling ballsy enough to dogpile the Reaper - most Reapers are gonna end up in a squash match unless their deathmask is extremely potent.

Of course, the section about guardian geists also mentions a lot of places that should have one don't, and I assume having a graveyard swept clean by a powerful Reaper is a common cause of that.

I was kind of on the fence with Reapers as a concept until I got to the bit that made it click for me:

quote:

As Reapers come from all walks of death, they enter their position with a wide variety of opinions on the Underworld. Some have no problems with the current state of affairs, especially now that they have avoided the ultimate fate. Others may dislike or even despise the Underworld, even going so far as to try to use their powers to fix the system from within.

Ultimately, most Reapers come to agree on a single tenet: the Underworld’s current state of affairs is necessary.

[...]

Sin-Eaters are outsiders, bound to amnesiac ghosts high on stolen power. Their claim that the system is broken has no validity. Even reformist Reapers reject their ideas. Sin-Eaters want too much change, too fast. Their ideals are understandable, even laudable, but invite chaos.

If we follow the angle that ghosts are the stand-ins for the disenfranchised, oppressed, and marginalized, and Sin-Eaters assorted leftists, Reapers are the oppressed who beat the odds and instantly turned gently caress You Got Mine, or centrists making half-hearted statements about how the Underworld sure is awful but it's the best thing we've got going and you really shouldn't rock the boat, who make excuses for the third group of Reapers who don't even bother pretending they're anything but monsters profiting from a monstrous system.

Edit: of course, one of the example reapers being an interbellum German communist plotting to inspire a revolt against the capitalist merchant kingdoms throws a wrench in that interpretation, but I don't mind because that concept is great for a maybe-antagonist maybe-really-shaky-ally, and shows the concept's got way more depth.

Daeren fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 25, 2018

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Shockeh posted:

I mean, Sergeant Rage is basically one of the entire story Arcs for Bigby in Fables, so you could just read that?

I mean, with the caveat that Fables eventually boomerangs all the way to the other end of the scale from oWoD on I Have Opinions On Israel, yes.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Kurieg posted:

In non Swordcula news.

Tobias Sjogren just announced that he's leaving nuWolf as of tomorrow, so, you know. There goes the one person who can keep Swedracula in check.

Matthew Dawkins apparently quit too recently, and Sjogren's tweet is...well, it's raising some of my alarm bells.

https://twitter.com/tobiassjogren/status/1042777267657687040

"Due to differences in opinions on how to organise the management of White Wolf going forward" and "it has been agreed I will leave" sure as gently caress make it sound like this is through clenched teeth. The CEO doesn't leave for "differences of opinion" when it comes to running their own company without some wack poo poo going on.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

The Changeling posted:

Where do you see anything about Dawkins leaving? His twitter bio is still: "Freelance Writer and Developer, currently working extensively for Onyx Path Publishing, White Wolf Entertainment, and Green Ronin Publishing."

A chat I'm in mentioned he had and showed a thing on his Facebook saying he'd left White Wolf, as well as mentioning his bio changed to Former or something. Admittedly secondhand information, I'm afraid, I might be wrong :shrug:

I still think the wording of Sjogren's tweet is noteworthy.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Joe Slowboat posted:

Oh sure but mechanically it's "choose favorite Arcanum, roll" - nobody should be taking more than a minute to decide what spell to describe, especially freed from actually having to math it out.

I dunno, I have what is otherwise a phenomenal group, and you'd be real surprised how invested people can get with dumb ideas that aren't necessary, or what the coolest option is.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

GimpInBlack posted:

Demon should absolutely 100% be played like Person of Interest or one of the Mission Impossible movies where the team gets disavowed and has to go rogue--where "covert action" basically means "wipe the security footage after you ramp a tour bus into the Kremlin and somehow out through the front door of the White House."

I mean, you can play it like a John le Carre novel, but you need a group that's really into that intra-party paranoia and mistrust and honestly you'd probably be better off hacking the basic concept into something like The Mountain Witch that has systems in place for dealing with betrayal and trust mechanically.

Extremely agreed. The Demon game I was in was one of the best games I've ever been in because it fully embraced the Person of Interest/Leverage-esque sense that things will go wrong but clever thinking will always help you through the other end, no matter how incredibly stupid your plan was.

To give an idea, one of the critical plot swerves of the game involved punching a rocket-propelled grenade back to its user to thwart a false flag assassination attempt on live television, and that ended up being just about the best possible thing we could have done in that situation. We also found out near the end of the game that the paint on the Tokyo Tower was the lynchpin for international Infrastructure that let the God-Machine rewind time in the main timeline, because it stole microseconds of people's lifespan every time they looked at it or a representation of it and used it as a buffer for resets. It used this to prevent us from doing anything that could actually threaten its Master Plan. Our solution to that one was to gently caress with it so badly an Archangel began manifesting to obliterate us meddling kids from all possible timelines. We then crossed the wiring to make it look like the Archangel of another piece of critical Infrastructure was causing the problems, and then ran like hell.

The ensuing fallout was so catastrophically immense that its final activation of itself was to retroactively make it so that Tokyo Tower had never been built, because otherwise most of Eastern Asia would have been devoured by a space-time obliterating anomaly.

We were able to destroy Infrastructure disguised a world famous monument without anyone noticing. If that's not peak espionage, I don't know what is.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
The best apocalypse scenario that never was for oWoD is, was, and always will be "So it turns out that Rasputin is, in fact, a vampire werewolf wizard wraith, and has been up to some crazy bullshit this whole time."

Basically just go all the gently caress in on him being Super Saiyan Sam Haight 2.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

bewilderment posted:

Alice Springs IRL is probably just as bad as the one in CofD.

My partner lived until recently in a part of Queensland only a stone's throw from being Bumfuck Nowhere, and believe me when I say it sounds like most of rural Australia would give Unknown Armies and Kvlt a run for their money in the bleak, horrible weirdness department. She has multiple anecdotes that involve meth shacks exploding, and one popular local hobby was to steal the concrete testicles off a statue of a bull. They kept replacing them, see, but then people would steal them again, so they eventually stuck giant metal rods in them to deter theft.

It apparently didn't work.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

bewilderment posted:

The drug and alcohol abuse themes are there in both, though.

Y'know, when I wrote my post, I originally had "multiple anecdotes of drunken men passing out and falling asleep in the street while chasing their spouses to try and beat them", but erased it because I figured it'd be too unbelievably dark.

Yeah, no, Loomer's right. From everyone I've spoken to with experience there (especially my partner), sufficiently rural Australia is a horrific nightmare world where the undercurrents of toxic masculinity, sexual predation of vulnerable populations, and drug abuse in Australian culture start prowling the streets in broad daylight.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
Out of curiosity, what, if any, connotations does the ocean have in Australian literature/culture/etc? My partner has a deep aversion to it due to all the jellyfish/sharks/etc, but it seems like a fairly natural pair with the Outback in terms of "infinite nothingness."

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
Dude who posted the update said he was the interim manager of White Wolf so that pretty strongly implies Ericsson's still at minimum been kicked downstairs.

Also, I've just spent the last hour or so feeling like Cassandra. Weird, its as if when you ignore repeated instances of a large number of people going to you directly to discuss the fact that your lower division is being run by a bunch of lunatics causing constant PR problems around very delicate topics, they eventually escalate until you can't ignore it! Granted, I never expected it'd go straight to diplomatic crisis levels, but so it goes.

Man. Imagine being Ericsson. Imagine being a stan who gets their dream job, and within a year your management and writing causes your holding company to fire you, shut down your company, restructure it to be under direct control, and halt production of your products for the near future, because you've somehow hosed up so badly you've pissed off real world dictators AND the people they're killing.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Krysmphoenix posted:

welp that was fast! Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it the help.

We'll all be glad to compile a list of controversial things that Neo White Wolf has done if necessary :v:

please let ericsson be fired for the love of god

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Mors Rattus posted:

the garou were real title-chasers, huh

Chronicle concept for a pack of werewolves desperately trying to elbow their kinfolk into the Hapsburg incest thunderdome to covertly turn the most ridiculously breeding-obsessed royal line of Europe for centuries into an infinite werewolf factory.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

all eyes in the room slowly and inexorably turn towards a Castlevania-esque wizard's hut in Australia

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Crasical posted:

Changeling society is probably rife with tension over those who suffered more/less than you during their Durance.

"I had to eat HUMAN FLESH to survive and eventually it made me LESS THAN HUMAN and I can still hear the SCREAMS of those I have CONSUMED"
"I got to be a pet cat, I slept all day and got fed whenever I wanted it and got lap-time pets and it was incredibly great, I just escaped because I realized I had aspirations beyond pure hedonism."
"Man you're not even a REAL Changeling. Go back to Arcadia if you love the Gentry so much."

Hang out with enough trauma survivors and you'll see actual real-world examples of this sort of thing from every angle. Honestly speaking, "I didn't have it nearly that bad" is the angle I'd expect more, because it's a common defense mechanism to downplay and avoid talking about/reflecting on your own trauma for several reasons, which leads to what appear to be staggering blind spots to third parties. "Wait, [horrifying detail] wasn't a normal part of life for you guys?" ":stonk: :stare: :stonklol: NO." is a conversation I've had a lot with some people I know. Lashing out and feeling envious at others who "got off easy" does absolutely happen of course, but more common are the people who internalize that they Didn't Really Suffer and are wracked with horrible guilt for their own trauma responses when they hear someone else's story because they didn't Earn It as much as the other guy did, even if the other guy thinks the exact same thing about them.

Basically Spring Court is where a lot of the interesting recovery stories are going to be, because it's going to be crammed to the gills with the extreme ends of that spectrum. That cat may be exactly as hosed up as the cannibal in terms of long term psychological damage, he's just buried it a whole lot deeper and probably feels a whole lot shittier for having it - and that's before someone tries to do a dick measuring contest with trauma, which is one of the fundamental things that leads into the cycle of abuse.

Daeren fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Dec 19, 2018

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
All I know about the games listed here is that Achtung Cthulhu had a good sidebar about handling the portrayal of Nazis with care while also having a book that lists a couple dozen Elder Gods and the ways they can be dealt with. Judicious use of artillery can either millennia-long KO or permanently kill a little over half of them, including a lot of the Big Names. I enjoyed that.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Wraith represents your career.

how dare you come for me like this in my own home

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm honestly still confused on how exactly Holden defended John here. People keep mentioning it, and I have yet to see a concrete example of what Holden did other than "he keeps talking about harassment by people who aren't John on Twitter."

Silence for, and going to bat for the character of, someone you admitted later on you knew was a sexual harasser is considered defending a sexual harasser in most jurisdictions Rand.

I realize the dude's your friend, as you just said, but I want you to back up and look at the fact that you called him a friend while defending him blatantly lying to his employer with troll logic and actively misrepresenting anything that'd make him look like the rear end in a top hat (which he extremely is [I personally know people affected by this].)

E:

Rand Brittain posted:

Honestly, I don't really care to go into the massive thornbush of claims and counter-claims between Holden and OPP. I tend to assume that the things Holden says about Rich are true, and that the things Rich says about Holden's behavior are also true.

In which case Rich Thomas is guilty of using questionable business ethics and backroom politics to yeet two dudes out of a development position that was hemorrhaging money and talent, and Holden is guilty of being an inveterate weasel who openly facilitated his friend's sexual predation of freelancers, gatekept anyone with opinions he didn't like out of the process, contributed to staggeringly bad financial decisions, and had the unmitigated gall to pretend that he was just too woke to control and that's why he got fired.

And you side with him on this one?

Daeren fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 1, 2019

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

citybeatnik posted:

It's been ages since I've played the game - do you have any examples of the stuff that aged poorly? All that immediately comes to mind are the twins and VV.

Chinatown.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Digital Osmosis posted:

the moros goes for undertaker and everyone just shrugs it off because he's rather dense

A bit late for the era but I would never gently caress with a mage named Mankind. Kicking their rear end would only make them more powerful. They'd be the sort of wizard who picks a fistfight with an entire pack of werewolves, does a few cool moves, gets mauled, survives, calls that a win, and you really can't argue it isn't.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

unseenlibrarian posted:

In more ways that you might think- there was an issue where some art for the Lucifuge faction was literally just traced Dante with a shotgun instead of a sword.

You're thinking of the Aegis Kai Doru art. The Task Force VALKYRIE art also has a blatantly traced pulse rifle from Aliens, and the Ascending Ones are represented by Lil Wayne. The artist got in some deep poo poo once it hit release and people kept pointing out the traces.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Wrestlepig posted:

there was a FnF review of some rock and roll magic thing that was insanely skeevy about a teenage girl for most of the book. that and his musical taste is poo poo

LatwPIAT posted:

Write his teenaged waifu who walks around barefoot into a game. While being on record as a being a foot fetishist. And including art where the bare feet are prominently featured.

I abandoned that review shortly after putting those pieces together because I felt too profoundly unsettled and gross to keep going with it. I might get back to it at some point but god, that was just vile.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

bewilderment posted:

Now I just need some suggestions - what other weird soul experiments could be interesting for PCs to investigate?

Someone's been stuffed full of way too many souls and basically the only thing keeping them in is magical scotch tape and prayer. Not quite a hive-souled, just someone who's had like five extra metaphysical livers dumped in them just to see what happens.

Surgical removal of bits of the soul that roughly correspond to the Arcana, to see how that affects their personality.

Bits of the soul removed corresponding with Mummy's pillars, if you want to go way the hell out into left field and bring in an incredibly confused and angry Mummy/cult trying to figure out who the hell stole their Dead Dummy's Guide to the Underworld.

Frankensouls slapped together with all the stolen bits. Maybe they're one relatively complete soul from different donors, maybe they're just like Oops, All Prime! souls.

An Awakened soul put in a non-Awakened body (I actually feel like they addressed what happens with this one once but I forget it)

A minor splat soul (psychics, etc) put in someone else's body. Bonus points if it's a different minor (or major!) splat.

Generally, just think like a shotgun wizard that has "What If I Just Did poo poo Arbitrarily" as their approach to their Obsession, and you'll never run short on ideas for wildly unethical wizard experiments.

E: discussing it with a friend, I just summed the potential here up with "A Mage studying the effects of damaged or unusual souls is like a neuroscientist investigating the functions of the brain by observing brain damage in stroke victims. A low Wisdom Mage is a neuroscientist that's gotten annoyed with relying on random chance to deliver certain kinds of stroke victim, and decided to just go out and make some."

Daeren fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Zereth posted:

I like the "Convergent Evolution" thing going on in Requiem, which IIRC is all but canon, there's even some vampire-like creatures that are actively becoming more like Standard Issue Core Book Vampires somewhere.

Much like things keep turning into crabs in the sea, there's some kind of evolutionary pressure that makes a blood-drinking undead creature of the night become something you can play without having to change the rules in the core book much.

I don't know why but making a direct link between the gently caress It Everything's A Crab phenomenon and nWoD's convergent vampires has me in stitches.

Given sufficient time, all supernatural creatures in or near a certain ecological niche will become a crab, a dracula, or in rare instances the Ordo Dracul chases rumors of feverishly, a crab dracula.