Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

This is why I'm a Werewolf fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.linkedin.com/company/pentex-management/

And they've been around about 10 years longer than the WtA Pentex. I don't want to armchair lawyer, but does anyone know if there's some kind of copyright infringement here on White Wolf's part?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Loomer posted:

Books written in 2018 by a purportedly diverse and culturally sensitive company, on the other hand...

Wait did they gently caress up Australia -twice-?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

White Wolf really is just some weirdo's pet project now.

Is there some specific punchline I'm missing with Modiphius?

Swedracula doesn't seem to care about anything but making his fanfiction canon. We've had two godawful mobile text adventures, a Werewolf game by Cyanide that doesn't have so much as a bullshot trailer to its name, a fanbook PDF program, and... that's it. All of the effort seems to have gone into European LARP events. The buyout was two and a half years ago and we are just now getting the finalized corebook.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

No, Modiphius is fine but White Wolf used to be a major RPG company and to relegate publishing to another company seems like a step down in a big way. It makes sense, printing is expensive and Modiphius is a big company who publishes RPG's, but most of the companies they publish are small, like the Fragged Empire guy. This is very much Swedracula's pet project while Paradox sits on the rights.

I think after a Bloodlines successor deal with Obsidian fell through the budget must've dried up to sub-typical RPG company levels. Paradox must've paid pennies on the dollar for the rights and is just letting WW do its own thing. I think that will change as soon as they start getting named/blamed for anything particularly heinous and prominent on Swedracula's part.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

None of those have hit the mainstream Discourse, though. When/if the Werewolf video game comes and it gets any traction, that might cause something.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Oh poo poo.

There's a bunch of debate over what splat Jesus was.

Who is the only other figure who provokes this kind of debate?

Rasputin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HBBf_eDLM

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I will actually play Mage if I can have the goal of giving the Fallout franchise to Obsidian.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Mendrian posted:

I'm not saying Bloodlines is the only reason Masquerade was popular. I'm saying it's the only reason that, for a hot second, somebody outside of a gaming store had any idea what it was.

Right, and it's the whole reason Paradox bought White Wolf in the first place, or at least I thought. The sale was nearly three years ago and we have only one video game confirmed in development and it has nothing but concept art to its name.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Kurieg posted:

Mawage is what bwings us togevar, todawy. (Rips off penis)"

I think we've found our latest thread title.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Mulva posted:

That has to suck, knowing your god is real and also stupid and bad at everything.

IIRC that was ReindotHagen's partial intention- God is real and you can communicate directly with them and know what they want, even if it's wrong or stupid. There is a lot of lapsed Catholic angst in WtA 1st Edition.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Honestly I don't think they have the budget or manpower to do anything now.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

It's pretty sad that conspiracy stuff is all Q and Pizzagate these days.

This is a Star Trek fanfic I would like to read.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Where are the Iron Slaves from, the Rust Belt? Because it may not be racist and just simply be super classist and insulting towards dispossessed industrial workers. I don't know how you let the Genjin happen without someone bitchslapping the taste out of your mouth, though.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

People have watched/read/played so much post-apocalyptic stuff that they'd probably start role-playing what they THINK people are supposed to do when the world ends instead of what makes sense.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Loomer posted:

Psychotic survivalists ruining the remains of civilization is a huge part of the plot of the Postman. It's a big part of why it's such a good novel.

I may have to read it because I'm looking at the summary and realizing where New Vegas got half of its themes.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Yeah I adore Fallout but I won't lie that the Shi are racist as hell. The idea of a submarine full of PRC sailors crashing into San Francisco and developing a society with an Emperor and kung fu film cliches is... yeesh. There's a reason Black Isle planned to have the Enclave nuke the city before the events of their cancelled Fallout 3.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

It's not just royalty, it's most of the western world. Most of Europe is descended from Charlemagne. It's how I justify spontaneous Wolf-Bloods in Forsaken- EVERYONE is Wolf-Blooded, it's just a matter of degree.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

GimpInBlack posted:

Can I just say how nice it is to see 200-odd new posts in the WoD thread and it's not about some horrifyingly hosed up thing nuWW did? Because it's kind of refreshing.

Magechat and nuWW are honestly equally painful to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

There's also the possibility Martin or the old CEO let this happen for whatever reason.