Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
If a Tremere who can't drink and an Akashic who doesn't drink are sitting at a bar talking about Wraiths and the Tremere asks the Akashic to buy her a drink to keep up appearances and the Akashic buys her a Bloody Mary, is it offensive towards Kindred?

I ask because it happened in game last night and it's kind of turning into a thing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I need some advice on how to play/grow a Mummy.

I’m in a oWoD Wraith LARP. My Wraith fell to Oblivion last game, and I was going to roll up another Wraith when another asked me if I wouldn’t mind making a non-Wraith character. At the Storyteller's request, she was about to roll a Giovanni was about to start messing with the Wraiths on an antagonist and she wanted to have someone “on the live side” to back the Wraiths up and give her Giovanni a potential nemesis to role-play against. I’ve been LARP’ing with this player for about four years now and she’s the kind of player who I feel comfortable actively plotting and fighting against, PC to PC.

My options were a Demon or a Mummy. The Demon rules and concept just didn’t click with me, so I statted up a Mummy. However, I’ve never played a Mummy before. I’ve read Mummy: The Resurrection and its Player’s Guide as well as Laws of the Resurrection and believe I rolled a solid starting character, but I could really use some advice/input with regards to HOW to play them and HOW I could grow my character to work with Wraiths and handle Vampires.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So this past oWoD Wraith/Vampire/Mummy session, my three-session old Mummy PC was getting out of his car when a two-year old Tremere PC (who he had never met before) dropped Obfuscate right in front of him and proceeded to Cauldron of Blood him to death in three rounds, steal his body, ward it against being found, and ran off with it, because she saw his aura, realized he was a Mummy, and figured the local Tremere chantry would love to get their hands on a Mummy's corpse.

My PC is about to be judged (and will probably fail miserably) and then, according to the Storyteller, will simply be around as his Ka/Wraith until I can arrange to discover my body and get it back. Oh, and as a cherry on top I will now have the “Known to Be Dead” flaw as my corpse was entered into the local morgue before being spirited away. My assets are a Wraith from the Usurers’ guild and a Giovanni vampire.

While the play was brilliant (I got jumped and absolutely decimated as what would happen if a low-point Mummy went up against a high-level Tremere, I’m not mad at the player because she took advantage and I’m not mad at the ST because everything happened by the book, I just had nothing that could counter what she did), I have three weeks until the next session and have absolutely no idea what to do other than to someone get in touch with the Osirian League and be like “Yeah, I’m the new Mummy in town and a vampire just ran off with my body.”

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

nWoD True Fae are basically how most interactions with the kind of fae the later Dresden books get to interacting with would go, for low/no-power mortals instead of world-breaker wizards.

This is one of the reasons I love my oWoD Sorcerer - locally powerful but in the grand scheme of things can get away with ignoring/not interacting with the world-breakers and all the metaplot BS, or being overlooked by the same.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
"Fine! I will set myself in a shrine where no mortal would dare speak of tearing it down because of their slavish devotion to those within! Lackey, find me a place under this Yankee Stadium."

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The good news is as players we can reject Swedracula's reality and substitute our own.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Tzimisce: Their body is a temple.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Original World of Darkness question - can a living Mage step into the Shadowlands without dying in the next several seconds? Or are they able to send their spirit/astrally project into the Shadowlands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

GNU Order posted:

There is nothing more liberating in a plot-heavy tabletop game than deciding you’re ready for a character to die in a blaze of glory/chaos.

During our LARP sessions where big/pivotal events take place, the ST's always say "text us if you don't want your character to survive the night."