Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
They're going to try to merge the universes together, and it's going to be a gigantic mess. You heard it here* first, everynyan. I can't loving wait to spend Clinton Funbucks on a book that mashes together Mage and Mage.

*From a certain point of view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Attorney at Funk posted:

They can do whatever they want with Vampire as long as I can still learn Theban Sorcery, Cruac, and Coils of the Dragon instead of VtM sorcery.

*smirks tremereishly*

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

tatankatonk posted:

I hope Beast makes it into the new World of Darkness, because I love teaching people "lessons" by hurting and scaring them, and then telling them that it was their own fault that this happened.

The Vox post about how GMing is just an excuse for long-term psychological abuse

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

The latest round of Adventure Time, which is a show for children, is Requiem (not Masquerade!) as gently caress.

I know it had a dog, did they add a baby too?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Ferrinus posted:

This is terrible news because it makes it clear that any upcoming Paradox video games are going to be set in the bad one.

Or they're going to develop a new IP, ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Kai Tave posted:

Yes, but serving their proper role as antagonists as the God Machine intended.

Their proper role is in a dumpster as trash.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Kurieg posted:

They're only in the kickstarter backer's copies for now. Also the Homecoming is now the Devouring, and it's where your character starts. There are two failure states where your beast soul fuses with you either in the primordial dream or the physical world and you become living uncontrolable hunger, but the Primordial Dream one is the only one that you can have accidentally happen to you(and you'd have to be very unlucky for that to happen). The physical world one is something you have to actively invoke.

So, Beast is still the game about brand management where the bad things that happen are mostly along the lines of getting your mellow harshed?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
Why would you make a game about being an otherized outcast where the expectation is that you'll be solitary and without a broader social context, and then explicitly associate the PCs with oppressed classes? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
It's so unbelievably cool that the game where you're supposedly playing primordial conceptions of monstrosity actually involves you piggybacking on genuine monsters and attempting to align your brand image to theirs.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

MonsieurChoc posted:

Corporations are the true monsters.

A Network Zero hunter goes for a more subtle approach to informing people about Beasts.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Kaza42 posted:

I'm having a hard time getting a good read on the Seers of the Throne here. They're willing servants of the Exarchs, and seek to keep humanity from Awakening, but what do they actually do? There's a picture of a bunch of presumably Seers at a party with a crucified man being tortured, so do they actually torture people? Where do they get them, do they just abduct people off the street to kill and torture them? Or are they more about the grinding oppression, making sure people remain poor and frustrated and ignorant? Or is it really just about keeping them away from magic, so you could have a tech entrepreneur Seer who advanced mundane technology by leaps and bounds but in doing so keeps people from realizing that the physical world doesn't have all the answers?

Also, side note but why are Liches bad guys? I mean sure, the Treme and other soul/body snatchers, but there's a big chunk in there about people who just extend their life with Life magic, and how other mages will dispel that poo poo to make you die. That just makes the other mages seem like murderous petty assholes, rather than painting Liches as villains who need to be opposed.

Seers attempt to influence people away from Awakening and the Supernal. What exactly they do will vary by Ministry. The Ministry of Hegemony pushes for nation-states, hierarchical power structures generally, and belief in superiors and inferiors. The Praetorian Ministry pushes for militarism and the normalization of violence. The Ministry of Panopticon pushes for surveillance. The Ministry of Mammon pushes for greed. Seers believe themselves to be following the Exarch's will, and supposedly the heads of the four most powerful Ministries are merged partially with their representative Exarchs. That being said, the Seers generally are against anything which improves conditions for people generally because they conclude that the general misery of the world is the will of the Exarchs and, say, improving Fallen technology is thus a contradiction of the Exarch's will.

IDK. In 1e extending your life with Life magic didn't make you a Liche/Reaper AFAIK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Kavak posted:

So there's something up there, but whether it approves, disapproves, or even cares about their actions is up in the air.

Are any Seers actually in it "for the cause" of the Exarchs or is it all "gently caress you, got my magic"?

This supposes that there's a difference.