Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Does silence of death cover a vampire in a wheelchair? Or would the wheelchair still make noise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
So is a probation torpor?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Metapod posted:

See I think it's a 2 dot flaw because there are other flaws said in the v20 book (v5 doesn't have enough flaws right now which is ashame) that are kinda like a debt but not really. So with it being a major debt to a gang I think it would warrant 2 dots.

Depends on what kind of debt. Have you considered maybe converting that debt into enemies?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Metapod posted:

No that wouldn't work. Someone in my group wants to try being a st so he's going to do the pre built campaign in the Chicago by night book and that requires all the characters to know each other or at least know of each other beforehand. One of the other players is taking the Capone gang lore sheet so the debt is how my character will know him. The debt makes sense because my vampire has a gambling addiction so he would have lost a lot at some illegal poker game.

The level of debt would probably translate to dots. A two dot debt means that there are probably mafiosos looking for you and want to thump your skull, a one dot debt might deny you the ability to go on their turf. Chicago V5 is great when it comes to loresheets.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Thread rolls a frenzy check ({1+1+2+10})

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

A Major Fucker posted:

I cannot handle this right now. Just ugh. So what if she's sexy? That's none of your business. She is still a human being even if she has big bouncy tits or a tight pussy. Her tuesday tabletop roleplaying party and game master should be mature enough to respect that.

:hmmyes:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Play a country singer toreador in jorts at bulge level for the camera

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Feeding scenes don't have to necessarily be about food. If your character isn't hungry then its a perfect time to maybe do a bit of character development, and it is built in to the time anyway. Like if your character is currently building up an armory and is only hungee 2 call your cool contact to see if you can get more weapons in exchange for a boon. Or maybe your character goes on the forums and trolls about "bein sexy". It really is limitless.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 10, 2019

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Mulva posted:

We're coming up on 2 years since 5th dropped and the only meaningful release they've had is....the Core.

In your inescapably detailed research, you forgot the Anarch/Camarilla books, and the entire Chicago by Night book.

Plus blood gods and the players guide are in production, this doesn’t seem extremely behind schedule or anything.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Sep 25, 2019

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Jhet posted:

That could be reasonable value, but from what I understand they're releasing one clan per book? For a system that had what, 13 to start, and then a bunch of bloodlines? It seems piecemeal in the sort of 3.5ed D&D supplements piecemeal. Compared to other supplements in the same genre and wheelhouse, they're pretty light.

Coupled with all the other content and political issues, it's not that hard to understand why people don't count them as useful content. They are pretty much doomed to exist in the same space as Montreal by Night, BvD, and Beast. It is not where a whole lot of people would want to get their material for their game from, with reasonable cause.

If you really like the system, that's great. There's probably room for you to have a good game within that system. But whitewashing the issues isn't going to win arguments, and accepting those issues will do a lot more to further the discourse.

"PROVE TO ME THAT THE BOOK IS USEFUL"

"Here is why the book is useful to me"

"NO, NOT LIKE THAT"

Not going after you personally, it just seems strange to for someone to say "prove that this book is worth it" and when said so, we get into a discussion of whitewashing or what have you. Yes I'm aware there are different people posting. The guy posting explained plainly that the book is what you make of it. Never mentioned political issues or content issues. Just the book itself and its contributions.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Sep 25, 2019

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Split the thread. It’s obvious that people can’t handle talking about v5 within this thread in particular and if I want to actually talk about it’s annoying to have to watch Metapod + TheNamedSavior flavor of the week meltdown

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Sep 26, 2019

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

It's all poisoned, and there's no way to salvage what good ideas it does have. At this point it's a matter of damage control, I believe. We can let this keep happening or we can do something about it. I know, for my part, that I and other LGBT people who read this thread are really uncomfortable when VtM comes up and I have to imagine there are others.

People here still like V20, me included. V5 is good, and I think V20 is probably equal when it comes to social climbing and stuff, throwing out VtM entirely is just overboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I'm running a campaign where the estimated survival of a character is about two sessions. Good thing that character creation is easy.