Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Doesn't the Kiss muddle with the mortal's memory of how the situation went down? That's how I played it. Since my players were blood mages, they were using a lot of blood, and underlining the difficulty in aquiring it was a point of drama in our game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Just had an idea for an Evil Elevator named the Pater Gnosher. Did Stephen King write that one or am I thinking of the Mangler?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Well this got stupid fast.

Hey thread, a friend and I are going to organize an in-character open mic and invite ALL the local LARPs to send their players. the idea being we organizers are ~mages~ and through the power of ~magery~ we have created an omnipresent pocket dimension where gribblies of every shape and size can come hang out as themselves.
we assume it's going to be RP only, no chops/dice throwing, but i'm considering allowing just ONE contested chop, with no retests, in certain situations. Supernatural perception style stuff. Not enough to discourage non-players from showing up in a wacky costume, but enough grit for seasoned players to find interest in.

Is this the worst idea or what? I can't wait.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
both of us are extremely stringently anti-rear end in a top hat to the point of being fairly notorious in the area for instigating conflict, in the poetry world.

i haven't LARPed in a decade and my partner never has. a bunch of my exes are still in the scene and i'm in no way hoping that they catch wind of this so i can have some hilarious juicy poo poo blow up in my bored understimulated lap.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
How do people find LARPs these days? One World By Night and Mind's Eye Theater are their own separate game networks now, yeah? What are the big boffer groups out in New England? Do any of the "find an independant game" newsgroups still run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Thanks a billion, Moon Knight! I think the guidelines I'm going to use are

- in-character beef settled with a single throw of chops. No retests, results are binding for the remainder of the session only.
- items & abilities earned in-chronicle cannot be taken out of chronicle
- meeting with other splats CAN provide dots in "X Lore" if you spend XP for it.
- no combat because the all-powerful mages who hold this space forbid it
- non-gamers who come for the poetry will be assigned character archetypes with a "mission card" in the vein of "discover the process of creating new vampires." this should give them a 1-3 point XP boost if they want to start in one of the local games.