Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

fez_machine posted:

You know Matt McFarland was heavily involved in Demon and wrote for Promethean?

He also is on the credits (on DTRPG at least) for nMage 2nd, which contributed heavily to my decision not to buy nMage 2nd. Like, I realize that he probably wasn't the main writer, and that

quote:

Beast is a lovely game with a dumb premise.
and not Literally Mein Kampf, I still didn't feel comfortable buying an OPP product, and I feel comfortable with the decision. It's gross in a way I don't want to support, even tangentially.

CaptainRat fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jun 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
What are some of the better supplements to use with Awakening 2E? I think the recs I remember seeing are Left-Hand Paths and the Order splatbooks; are these wrong / bad, or are there other good things to have?

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

Kellsterik posted:

The Cheiron Group section mentions that they're working on harvesting the primordial desire of Hungers to create male enhancement pills for low sex drive, and it made someone on the Onyx Path forums mad because they weren't taking Beasts seriously enough.

Cheiron: Hunt Beasts, get boners.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

cptn_dr posted:

Well I just finished reading Dave B's The Soul Cage, and holy poo poo, I have fallen in love with Mage all over again. Thank you to whoever it was that reminded me not to skip it, because it's given me entire new bars to aim for when running my Mage chronicle, and has really helped me grok the shape of a good Mage game.

Me, a few days ago: "Haha, there is no way I am reading a 600+ page .pdf of an actual play transcript."

Me, tonight: "Oh boy, I can't wait to read some more of this 600+ page .pdf of an actual play transcript!"

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

Emily Yoshida rules and her new podcast Night Call is very WoD-adjacent.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

joylessdivision posted:

Who do I have to throw into barbed wire to become Cactus Jack?

You have to throw barbed wire into yourself, I'd start with Matter and Life and maybe Prime.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

I laughed out loud at 'Sailor Scouts do not uphold this'.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

Warthur posted:

Still amazed that they made "buy the PDF of the Beast core book for cheap" a stretch goal on the Deviant Kickstarter. Aside from how lovely and pointless a stretch goal that is (would anyone have not backed if the stretch goal had simply not been there? I don't think so), why would OPP bother to remind people that the game line exists at all? I'd have thought at this stage they'd have issued informal instructions that We Do Not Mention That Game Line In Other Books and left the thing to rot on the vine.

As of last night's backer update they did update this, you can now get the Chronicles core book, Vampire/Werewolf/Mage 2e, or Beast for $12 each, not sure if this was the plan all along (to keep expanding this tier with more and more options) or they got some sort of indication that Beast-only was a horrible idea and moved to mitigate it without making it look like they were back-pedaling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

Loomer posted:

My thinking is that I'll either get it done next year (which is my last year before I start full-time pursuit of my doctorate degree) or release it as-is at Christmas 2020, both the raw data and the extras.

I must say I'm excited to see this, even if there is a good chance that you releasing the data will immanentize the eschaton.