Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'm not sure it's appropriate to shield V5 under the pretense of preventing edition slapfights.

Nobody is mad that it's not what I grew up with - the issues center aound its roots as a noxious edgelord's pet project and radiate from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Swededracula signing emails with "Blood and Souls" was my favorite.

Blitz7x posted:

Am I crazy thinking the #MeToo thing is pretty interesting and culturally relevant? When you guys roleplay do you spend three hours covering your mouth with your cape and yelling BLEH at people or what

I will say that after playing an entire campaign in V20 that I never once understood how to mark down damage and V5 completely fixes it.

Fake edit: where the hell did this nazi stuff come from? Ive only heard about in this thread and the sub reddit

A guy wrote up a summary and then got harassed and death threatened off the internet. Some of his claims were tenuous, but others were completely verifiable.

#metoo could have been an interesting thing to explore if handled maturely - not the chud take of it being exclusively a tool of misandry.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Digital Osmosis posted:

I think V5 is a fairly bad book written by crypto-fascists and I also am getting fairly loving annoyed that every time it comes up there's ten posts in a row saying "V5 is a bad book written by crypto-fascists." It's almost as annoying as the V5 stans / gimmicks who show up and endlessly say "lol, u triggered yet?"

This is the reason you get ten posts in a row explaining how V5 is a bad book written by crypto fascists:

Metapod posted:

This did not happen

This kind of gaslight trolling that, if left unchecked, eventually gets accepted as reality. He knows that it absolutely happened, and he knows that it takes more effort to correct his chaff than it does for him to spew it.

It's loving exhausting. And it's inevitable in any V5 discussion because V5 was deliberately engineered to be catnip to assholes who delight in this poo poo.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

VtM, V20, and VtES are still pretty cool though. No reason to throw out the baby with the poopwater.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

There's an extremely clear line between the poisoned and OK segments. And oWoD talk is going to be hamstrung if you can't discuss its flagship because an unrelated game has bad fans.

E:

Metapod posted:

Okay someone got death threats over the internet is being called an international incident??? Like that's bad but people are getting swat teams called on them on twitch so that's really nothing

That's not what happened, not what anyone said happened, and a deliberate misdirect you're spamming to derail discussion.

Engaging with you is pointless because you already know this.

moths fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 26, 2019

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I want to play VtES with eveyone! I had an awesome Blood Brothers deck until they banned Lillith's Blessing for making Villein a better card. (Instead of addressing the real problem.)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

There's an "CCGs other than MtG" thread, but I haven't checked in on it for ages.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I actually have a few of the Event Decks, which were this weird precursor to the WoW raid decks or the MtG nemesis(?) decks. One was crazy poo poo where Nergal wakes up, but I forget the others.

There's so much potential to that game, and it was so better than Magic. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I just checked VEKN and found out there was a nearby tournament last week. What a shot of mixed emotions.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Please include an extensive discussion of why Wraith was the best White Wolf line. (It was!)

It really was!