Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

thats more motion look than motion control. you thankfully get to attack with a button instead of endangering your family and tv

true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

mysterious loyall X posted:

nice swears tough guy. let's see you create a characters and stories that have resonated with people accross the globe for 25 years, and is beloved by children and adults alike, with your bad attitudes and nasty, hateful words and federa/MRA jorts buddy.

That's "fedora" to you, sir.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slur posted:

That's "fedora" to you, sir.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 14, 2015

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

Slur posted:

Zelda has piss-easy bosses and Link is a wuss.

They're actually easy because Link is very powerful.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

3d zelda games have poor controls and for a game that expects you to do platforming, the worst jumps

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

<3 majoras mask tho

guess that's because for most of it you're using good controls tho

GORON LYFE

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

nice swears tough guy. let's see you create a characters and stories that have resonated with people accross the globe for 25 years, and is beloved by children and adults alike, with your bad attitudes and nasty, hateful words and federa/MRA jorts buddy.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

farsel posted:

They're actually easy because Link is very powerful.

He's not actually powerful; it's just that Zelda never trained her guards well enough to be stronger than a 12 year old boy with a boomerang. Everyone in that universe is one giant wuss.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Slur posted:

He's not actually powerful; it's just that Zelda never trained her guards well enough to be stronger than a 12 year old boy with a boomerang. Everyone in that universe is one giant wuss.

Given that those guards can effortlessly kick out the area a boy that on his own has destroyed countless assorted evil fauna/flora/things with names and titles what can I say, those are some well trained guards.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
The parasitic tentacles in Jabu Jabu's belly gave me biological revulsion instinct feels

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Slur posted:

He's not actually powerful

What the christ

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Slur, please film yourself fighting a giant firebreathing dinosaur with a lovely butterknife to show how powerful you are in comparison to the 12 year old Link.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Windwaker was better than every other one of them. :colbert:

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

qnqnx posted:

motion controls are a physical manifestation of AIDS

MOTION CONTROLS ARE YOUR POSTING?? your AIDS posts are PHYSICALLY HIV [MoTIOn COntrOLs?!]

Haha
But on subject, real talk- im sick of male oppression. take the red pill, drop the princess zora(blue?), and see how deep the jabujabu goes

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Contra Calculus posted:

Slur, please film yourself fighting a giant firebreathing dinosaur with a lovely butterknife to show how powerful you are in comparison to the 12 year old Link.

King Dodongo was so depressed by the environmental collapse of his kingdom that he leaped into a pool of magma to tragically end his own life

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bauxite posted:

Windwaker was better than every other one of them. :colbert:

it's the best 3d zelda

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played twilight princess on the gc and liked it

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I haven't played every Zelda, but every Zelda I've played I liked

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
me too

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it's the best 3d zelda

*playing Windwaker on the GC, fishing out triforce pieces* best game ever

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

qnqnx posted:

*playing Windwaker on the GC, fishing out triforce pieces* best game ever

the best way to tell when a GBS is mad is if they use really boaring sarcasm on you, lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the best way to tell when a GBS is mad is if they use really boaring sarcasm on you, lmao

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I can assure you that it was not sarcasm. Bring back sincerity.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I must be crazy because I found the floor masters in the wind temple worse than the triforce hunt.

Kept losing Makar and having his position reset.

I think I read somewhere that they initially had entire dungeons for each triforce piece but release date was looming.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SeXReX posted:

I must be crazy because I found the floor masters in the wind temple worse than the triforce hunt.

Kept losing Makar and having his position reset.

I think I read somewhere that they initially had entire dungeons for each triforce piece but release date was looming.

More stuff like the mini dungeon in the island home fireplace would have been epic

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The only Zelda's I haven't played are Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The only Zelda's I haven't played are Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Contra Calculus posted:

Fire-breathing dinosaur in question didn't know how to aim correctly, mate. It's not that Link is strong, it was that the dinosaur was a weakling.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

qnqnx posted:

I can assure you that it was not sarcasm. Bring back sincerity.

I sincerely... hate! Your! Posting!

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the drops in his beats are sick tho

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

error1 posted:

What makes Zelda OOT so good? I never had a N64 as a kid (PSX supremacy!) and when i got the 3DS version later I never bothered finishing it because the mechanics were so clunky, graphics pretty bad and many of the dungeons were plain boring.

I really loved Wind Waker and Twilight Princess though, but Links Awakening on gameboy and Link to The Past on SNES are clearly the best ones. Couldn't get into Skyward Sword at all with the stupid waggle controls :(

Congratulations, you have good taste in Zeldas.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Mega64 posted:

Congratulations, you have bad taste in Zeldas.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Omfg dude you changed the wording in his post to make it seem like he said the opposite of what he posted. That's wild

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Omfg dude you changed the wording in his post to make it seem like he said the opposite of what he posted. That's wild
I've never seen such a powerful technique! Ha?!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Actually, it's the most advanced form of comedy on this whole site.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Dddduiuuuuuuuuurrrruuuuhhhhuurrrrrr!!!!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bah bah bah bah bah! Im tarded!!! Hehe ba bah bah bah!

Wait... What the heck are you guys talking about right now? Do you know how dumb this makes you look? I sure seem a lot smarter, and more clever, than you.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
jabu dungeon was really gross and icky and i hated everything about it

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Quote-editing genuinely annoys me for some reason. I don't know what it is.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Maybe its because every post edit implies an unsaid "Fixed that for you".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Durrrrr huuuurrrr buhhhh

• Locked thread