Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

You can actually get airsoft replicas of both the regular Samurai Edge and Barry's. Barry's gun is even a select fire machine pistol, just in case you really need that.

Unfortunately, the earlier WE models of Barry's gun suffered from a slight....problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAgtFCVkg5E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

You can actually get airsoft replicas of both the regular Samurai Edge and Barry's. Barry's gun is even a select fire machine pistol, just in case you really need that.

Unfortunately, the earlier WE models of Barry's gun suffered from a slight....problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAgtFCVkg5E

It's just replicating the original M9 Beretta :v:

AradoBalanga posted:

Also, what in Gods name is up with the muzzle on Barry's Samurai Edge? :stare:

It's a recoil compensator.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Hahaha that's great the gun just disassembles itself.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I hope Barry makes dad jokes throughout the entire game.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
You could play as a little girl (Sherry) in RE 2 - you know nothing, CJacobs.

Geizt
Dec 10, 2014

I'm glad someone's finally LPing Revelations 2. Now I can finally see the story without having to play the story, and just stick to raid mode.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Szurumbur posted:

You could play as a little girl (Sherry) in RE 2 - you know nothing, CJacobs.
Counterpoint: RE2 Sherry could only dodge and interact with objects, and could not fight back. Natalia can at least bludgeon enemies to death with bricks on top of her abilities.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Lurking Haro posted:

It's a recoil compensator.

even better is that it is a new compensator, Barry used a different one during the Mansion Incident.

I can't blame him, a gun nut like him would always be tinkering and changing stuff, hell I wouldn't be surprised if he made it himself

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

SIGSEGV posted:

Well, she's got the non-blinking red "Subject Mutating Right Now, Shoot To Kill" bracelet thing so it's basically a given, yes.
Wow. I think it's cool that a Resident Evil game was actually subtle for once. The scene doesn't highlight Natalia's bracelet, and the document that tells you about the colors was an optional pickup from a ways back.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Claire and Moira's bracelets also change color sometimes. They're usually orange because who wouldn't be scared off their rear end in their shoes, but in times of calm they'll sometimes go back to green as you'll see in the next episode. Natalia's bracelet being the color that it is right off the bat is a pretty important detail but you're right, the game doesn't draw direct attention to it, which is cool.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

JossiRossi posted:

I hope Barry makes dad jokes throughout the entire game.

He absolutely does.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
You were actually closer when you called them Spiders rather than Crabs CJacobs :v:

They're Whip Scorpions, an Arachnid and a cousin of spiders, but not a spider and definitely not a crab.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The game calls them crab whip spiders and they are neither crabs, spiders, OR whips?! :negative:

Well I'll make note of that then I guess. Better to be right the third time than wrong all of the times.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Well they are Whip Scorpions so you know, one out of three.

Neruz fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Apr 17, 2015

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
They're tailless whip scorpions, or whip spiders, both are legit common names. Arachnids, but different order from regular whip scorpions / vinegaroons.

And in case you're wondering if whip scorpions are called whip scorpions because of the whip tail which tailless whip scorpions don't have, why even bother with a name as awkward as tailless whip scorpion, and why is the alternate name whip spiders...
They've got a pair of really long whip legs they use as feelers. Which regular whip scorpions have too, just in case you're not confused enough.

You can distinguish them by their claws too. On whip scorpions, their claws work like a regular scorpion's, whereas on whip spiders, their claws work like a... mantid's.

In conclusion: The next time they appear in the game and you have an opportunity to talk about the subject, just go ahead and magdump into the nearest one while screaming "gently caress you, and gently caress your Markerbiology."

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well regardless, at least there aren't ANY other kinds of giant horrible insect monsters in this game that I will have to stare at for dozens of hours.

At least we can live peaceful and easy knowing that the whip spiderscorpions are the only

giant

bug

in Revelations 2. :)

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Well regardless, at least there aren't ANY other kinds of giant horrible insect monsters in this game that I will have to stare at for dozens of hours.

At least we can live peaceful and easy knowing that the whip spiderscorpions are the only

giant

bug

in Revelations 2. :)

It looks like its mouth is hanging open in a big doofy smile

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I started watching the LP and enjoyed it, so I'll stick around.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Ted_Haggard posted:

It looks like its mouth is hanging open in a big doofy smile

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Post of the thread.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Welp this thread peaked early. :v: It's only gonna get crazier from here folks.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Yeah, earlier on I was talking about the lack of online campaign Co-op for PC.

Because after seeing Barry's li'l buddy, I know I'd have the time of my life playing the non-combat characters.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

Welp this thread peaked early. :v: It's only gonna get crazier from here folks.

welcome to a CJacobs thread, or at least that's how it's been since Dead Space :v:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

emptyquote

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Even bug/spider haters can love a good jumping spider. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvQVJuu-Ars

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Three thoughts went through my mind in chronological order:

1. Aww that is kinda cute
2. Oh god now there are gonna be spiders in my recommended vids for months
3. AAAAAA OH MY GOD THE RECOMMENDED VIDEOS AT THE END HOLY poo poo

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Okay now I know why I don't like spiders, it's those loving eyes. And now I understand why New Vegas' radscorpions always made me feel uncomfortable.

Anyways, I have a feeling Barry will be the star of this show.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYIUFEQeh3g Dancing YMCA Peacock Spider helped me get over my own arachnophobia because it's adorable. :3:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Night10194 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYIUFEQeh3g Dancing YMCA Peacock Spider helped me get over my own arachnophobia because it's adorable. :3:
I am 100% pants-shittingly arachnophobic and I approve of this video.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Peacock Spiders are mother nature's way to apologize for inventing spiders.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
The afflicted remind me of the mutants from timesplitters: future imperfect, visually at least.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Three thoughts went through my mind in chronological order:

1. Aww that is kinda cute
2. Oh god now there are gonna be spiders in my recommended vids for months
3. AAAAAA OH MY GOD THE RECOMMENDED VIDEOS AT THE END HOLY poo poo
And that's why clearing out your browser history is sometimes a good idea. Especially in your case.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

AradoBalanga posted:

And that's why clearing out your browser history is sometimes a good idea. Especially in your case.

The browser isn't the one saving the history.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Oh hey, Tokyo Marui just released an airsoft version of Barry's Samurai Edge from this game.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
I still love that you have pictures of black people and then "BIOTERROR!" Probably was pointed out in the thread already.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i love watching CJacobs play games with giant bugs in them, especially spiders.

I sure hope that there are more LPs that CJacobs does that have spiders in them.

:unsmigghh:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zain posted:

I still love that you have pictures of black people and then "BIOTERROR!" Probably was pointed out in the thread already.

I'm sure it was referring to African people- as in people from Africa, not black people -having bioterrorism done to them, since the events of RE5 are just ending around the time this game takes place (this game takes place in 2011 or so, RE5 took place in 09). But It does make a funny comparison to the last remnant of RE5's hilarious racism rearing its head as if to say "hey remember me??? haha yeah that was weird"

Blind Sally posted:

i love watching CJacobs play games with giant bugs in them, especially spiders.

I sure hope that there are more LPs that CJacobs does that have spiders in them.

:unsmigghh:

Part of the reason I love doing it is because people find it so funny! Spiders are the worst thing that exists on this planet besides I guess genocide, so you know right off the bat that if a game I'm LPing has spiders I will be shouting at them the whole time.

edit: Also, I just noticed that I have a weird habit of LPing games where the protagonist is in their late 40s. Max is in his late 40s in Max Payne 3. Isaac is in his late 40s in Dead Space 3. And now Barry is in his late 40s in this game! Weird!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 18, 2015

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

CJacobs posted:

edit: Also, I just noticed that I have a weird habit of LPing games where the protagonist is in their late 40s. Max is in his late 40s in Max Payne 3. Isaac is in his late 40s in Dead Space 3. And now Barry is in his late 40s in this game! Weird!
Actually, Barry's an exception to that list. Barry was born in 1960, and this game takes place roughly in 2011. Barry's at the ripe old age of 51 in Revelations 2.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh, good! I am glad I am bucking the trend then. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Today Barry and Natalia take the scenic route to the radio tower, accompanied by an army of yet-unseen bloodthirsty creatures. This episode's ending title music is 'Grace' by Jeff Buckley. I decided to add music to the end title slides of each episode to further conform and very very subtly (read: not subtly at all) hint at a game that I may or may not be (read: will be) let's playing after Dead Space 3 finishes. Also because it's incredibly easy to loop the 'next episode:' slide.

This is a montage of the things that change based on your playstyle choices in Episode 1 as well as in new game plus. I'll be making one for each episode as they finish because I really love the amount of effort that was put in.

• Locked thread