Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I busted out my BluRay of the first one and holy poo poo does this movie need a remaster.

Having a bunch of recognizable actors get offed in the first act and blowing up the premise of the TV show was pretty clever before there were five of these goddamn things. I distinctly remember spending 96 feeling like nobody was safe in an action movie. That was the same year Executive Decision stopped being a Steven Seagal movie 20 minutes in out of loving nowhere. It had a whole paranoid vibe coming from a post-Cold War realization that the world might actually be less safe with the "bad guy" Soviets in disarray.

Mission Impossible definitely makes up for script deficiencies with De Palma being paid enough to actually try. Tom Cruise made a pretty fun spy movie where he never fires a gun and doesn't have magic Kung Fu powers. Plus there's a scene where a 90s PC laptop has a TV tuner - not sure how it was getting The McLaughlin Group in the Ukraine, but still, that was fun to see as an 11 year old nerd.

TheScott2K fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread