Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
ask me about poor baserunning

E: I dont think I "get" advancing runners. Early in our game against Paperback, i knocked a ball out to left to juice the bases, and the guy on 3rd had an easy break to home for a run. I hit X to send him home, and all that happened was the guy on first tried to run to second while everyone else stayed put and that was the 3rd out :iiam:

Dubious fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

A's beat the Twins 3-2 in the 10th inning. Josh Reddick hit one out in the first and then Sonny Gray gave up back to back homers on high changeups because I'm so bad at timing the pitching release. Billy Butler with the winning RBI.

And yeah that must've sucked Dubs, I'm scared to think what might have happened if I wasn't gifted some goofy stuff.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Paperback Writer posted:

And yeah that must've sucked Dubs, I'm scared to think what might have happened if I wasn't gifted some goofy stuff.

Torii Hunter dropping that easy sac and then staring at it :kratos:

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Dubious posted:

ask me about poor baserunning

E: I dont think I "get" advancing runners. Early in our game against Paperback, i knocked a ball out to left to juice the bases, and the guy on 3rd had an easy break to home for a run. I hit X to send him home, and all that happened was the guy on first tried to run to second while everyone else stayed put and that was the 3rd out :iiam:

To advance individual runners you have to point the left analog at the one you want to move, your controller will rumble and their icon will be highlighted to show control.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
thanks, that answers that!

twins are on and available for the next few hours if anyone wants to get a game in.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Good game Dubious. Not sure where I got all that power from. I guess with a slow pitcher I either whiff horribly or sit on a pitch. Scared me at the end and I was wondering why I couldn't throw to first.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i gave up six dingers to the san diego :bunt:s, Tommy Milone probably getting his rear end AAA'd after that shitshow :v:

Dubious fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 28, 2015

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Anyone wanna play the os? I can be on in about 15 min.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I can play.

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Okay cool I'll be on in a few.

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Hey I'm online not sure how to find you / the game.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I actually have to play a madden game right now. I'll be around after though.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i should be free for some more games later tonight.

i'll win a user game someday :allears:

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I'm on for the rest of the night. I'm fairly decent, butttttt the Braves third best hitter is AJ Pierzynski.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

ForbiddenWonder posted:

I'm on for the rest of the night. I'm fairly decent, butttttt the Braves third best hitter is AJ Pierzynski.

lets play once my girl goes to bed. i can be either decent or :lol: but i have like no power guys :ghost:

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Oh my loving God most frustrating game ever. Braves fall to 0-2. I mashed the poo poo out of the ball only to be rewarded for 4 hits and a run. I leave a meatball over the plate on a two strike count and Chris Davis murders it, Braves lose 3-1.

At least AJ homered.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Sounds like a baseball game to me!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i need to upload the video i took playing Paperback either where we had a Yakkety Sax moment on a run down between 3rd and home.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I'm going to kill David Wright.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Wright is slumping!

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
The Mariners are now online and ready to hand out free wins

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

How'd E.Y. Jr like that beanball? :getin:

Oh yeah and I nearly got no-hit by Alex Wood.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Alex Wood, 8 complete innings, one walk, one hit allowed in the top of the ninth. Braves win 8-0.

He also had eighteen K's.

That was wild.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

What happened on the inside the Parker? I just saw your guy freeze with the ball in CF so I went for it blind. I didn't see what happened after.

Also I have to cut Grilli because he has decayed from a 79 to 69 (lol) in three games.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Mets are around for an hour or so.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Who wants some free wins from your Minnesota Twins?

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Braves move to 4-2 with wins over the Red Sox, Twins, and Athletics. The Oakland game was amazing. Came down to me using like 6 pitches in two innings to play matchups in order to fend off a late rally.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
twins are 1-4 and probably earned the most HR served stat against the Padres alone

i'm real, real bad at this game and it owns

i'll go like 6 innings against a user, neither of us will score anything, then ill fall apart late. its almost like clockwork

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

gently caress me, Sandoval hit a 2 run jack to take the lead in the 9th.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Mariners will be online again tonight. Need to play Rays, A's, Twins

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Braves-Rockies needs to be sent, got a challenge failed.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Needs to be reset?

E: Done. Sorry I couldn't get to it earlier.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 30, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Took me two games to play the Red Sox. 1st one hard froze in the 4th inning. No idea why. I stuck out looking and the camera just froze. I saw the Sox walk off the field and it never made the transition to the next inning.

2nd game went fine.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Let's get some games in.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i need to play Mariners, Rockies and whatever the last team is, i forget

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Anyone available now?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Did we play yet?

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Nope.

I'm gonna make some food and can log on in like 20

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 1, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

If I pinched ran for Duda I probably would of tied the game. Oh well.

gg

• Locked thread