Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Man your whole life just owns. All that stuff is neat as gently caress but I guess I just don't know what to look for, or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

leica posted:

I imagine he has searching craigslist down to a science by now :v:

I mainly meant all the things that aren't cars.

Speaking of which, is there a good resource for identifying old-ish bicycles? I have what I believe is a French road bike from '61 that doesn't have any usable markings on it, and would like to know more about it. It's not valuable, just interesting.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Man, I woulda kept that CJ if I were you. Looks super clean.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Fart Pipe posted:

Nice score on the Ford, a nailhead and T5 is gonna be the perfect drivetrain for that.

Only if you reverse the flow through it and put an exhaust column straight up from the valley. It must be higher than the windshield, but that doesn't look very hard to do.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
The anecdote I heard was that there are more '32 Fords currently registered in CA than were ever built.

I don't know if that's strictly accurate, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Man, those cordless drills look waaaay out of place in that garage.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

LobsterboyX posted:

another buddy recently picked up this beater - which I guess he's selling now...

1960 custom cab! Does it have the big rear glass? Kinda looks like it might...

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

LobsterboyX posted:

It does. I just don't get what people see in these trucks. A lot of guys in my club have them and never seem to pay a lot for them but when they sell them magically they go for a lot. I was thinking about buying one just to flip!

I like mine because it was my dad's truck when I was growing up, so I don't know that I can give a rational description for why I think they're cool. But I think they're much more handsome than the '61-'66 body style, at least, even if you (along with everyone) might prefer the '53-'56.

I think the big rear glass is fairly uncommon; I've never seen another one up close, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

LobsterboyX posted:

the SMEG:

the Big Chill

and the NorthStar

If you were wondering, those images weren't working because they are hosted on sites with apparently busted SSL certs. I rehosted on imgur.

• Locked thread