Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

You'd have to find a new tube that fits in the first place. Good luck with that.

Newer "modern" tubes are a lot less bulgy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

MullardEL34 posted:

Back in 2004, Samsung, LG, and Philips actually released ultra slim CRT's that were 16" deep, screen face to tube socket. They sold like four of them before reasonably priced Plasma and LCD displays hit the market and ate their lunch before it was even served.

They also had major issues with geometry, sharpness and chromatic abberation due to the sharp deflection angles.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

LobsterboyX posted:

Awesome, and even cooler that its still there! a lot of vintage mugs from places like this are just re-branded tiki mugs, I know I've seen that mug with a different name on it. A lot of hotels had small tiki bars with mugs like that with their own name on it like "Vagabond Inn Kona Lounge New Jersey"

I'm planning a trip to Miami in June to see family, and visit the Famous Mai Kai restaurant

http://www.maikai.com/

I don't know what it is about tiki stuff, but it's just so wonderfully tacky in the best possible way.

drat tasty drinks, too.

• Locked thread