Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Holy poo poo I need new pants.

At the risk of breaking the illusion, what does the Cadillac look like at maximum height? Can you 4x4 over curbs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Condolences :( Your mother sounds amazing.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Holy poo poo I don't think I've ever seen a 30 Ford with its original front fenders. As soon as you pulled the fenders off I was like OH YEAH.

Awesome.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
A guy I used to do rallycross with figured out how to slow his cheap-rear end drill press down on the cheap:

http://fixbroke.tumblr.com/post/33234760160/making-my-cheap-drill-press-turn-slooooooowwwww

It is, uh, not pretty. But dammit if it didn't work.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

MullardEL34 posted:

Adding another vintage TV to the Tome.
1957 RCA RCA 14-S-7052.
It took about 20 capacitors and a new Horizontal output tube to get it working. The Picture tube is weak, but I was able to use the rejuvenation function on my Sencore CR-31a CRT tester to buy a little time until i can find a good CRT. For now it works well enough and is serving well as my back porch TV. A leatherworker from the local Ren Faire is making me a new handle for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE6zMgv_4ec
Bonus back porch action shot taken just after Cleveland won the NBA finals and our curse was broken.

Lobsterboy, sorry for making GBS threads up your thread btw.

How are you getting that TV to work as an actual TV? Do you have some kind of digital OTA adapter for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

MullardEL34 posted:

It's a Roku fed into a used cable tv head end modulator tuned to Channel 9 connected to a wire dipole antenna cut to the proper length for the frequency of channel 9 and stapled to my attic trusses. These old cableco modulators put out over a watt of power so I have it turned down just enough to cover my house and yard. I use my iPhone to control the Roku. The whole setup is hidden in a bedroom closet.

I like how much more complicated you've made this than the solution I had in my head.

Congratulations.

• Locked thread