Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

LobsterboyX posted:

Well my first project I'm planning to do with it is to drill my backing plates for the front brakes of my roadster.. like so:

I'd also like to get one of these jobbers:

I used one of these things when I worked in special effects - great tool and for car stuff, couldn't be better.

However, I have my concerns because its already set on the lowest speed and it still a bit too fast for me to feel comfy drilling heavy gauge stuff. Funny enough... the guy I got it from threw in a reducer kit made by a guy in the vintage craftsman tool hobby. Should be a simple install, but there's a small chance I may have to machine the long pole if it doesnt have the correct I.D.

I honestly thought I was going to spend a lot more, and in looking for tools to match it (band saw, table saw, lathe ect) I feel like I got a smoking deal - bench top models like mine are selling for 3x what I paid for mine.. yikes!

Craftsman made a step down/RPM selector- but they are impossible to come by. My dad bought that exact same drill press and then bought a second one because it had the variable speed selector. Have any more info on that kit? I'm assuming it's just a third pulley with fixed belts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Negromancer posted:

I am gonna be in LA a couple times this summer, and my wife loves everything art deco(Napier was her favorite place in new Zealand). Any advice on stuff we have to check out?

Do you know anything about Barnes drill presses? There is a giant one in my garage I need to get rid of and I am just not sure where to start with it. It is awesome.e looking and I wish I could keep it, but I just don't have the space.

Check this out: http://vintagemachinery.org/mfgindex/detail.aspx?id=73&tab=4

Any of them look close to yours? There's a bit of a following for the older camel-back drill presses, but moving one quickly usually means parting with it for little $$.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Please find out what he wants for the Porsche... for reasons.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

BoostCreep posted:

No, but the businesses next door should have his info. They are trying to get him to sell them or get rid of them. I couldn't find his contact info directly.

I can try to swing by and see if they are still there since it's been a few weeks, and also look for contact info.

I'm definitely interested in the Porsche if you get any contact info.

• Locked thread