Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The script itself matches the hood script that is present on ~1949-1954 Pontiacs, but I cant find a single example of a car from that period with any Pontiac fender badging at all, just model-badges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

alternate.eago posted:

You didn't miss much. Its a big chain here. Mission BBQ is where its at.

Mission is the best chain BBQ I've ever had, but you can do better, even in known BBQ hot spots like Fort Lauderdale.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

KozmoNaut posted:

I don't know what it is about tiki stuff, but it's just so wonderfully tacky in the best possible way.

drat tasty drinks, too.

If you're not having one of every drink on the menu and having someone carry you out, you're not doing the Mai Kai right.

I grew up three miles from there.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

That loving Coupe DeVille. :eyepop:

Gimmegimmegimmegimmegimme

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

LobsterboyX posted:

Speaking of friends:

here's my friend Jon in his new to him 1927 Lincoln - This car is 100% original - the engine was recently rebuilt and has been in a private collection since 1950 - The car was originally purchased new by the LAPD as a Chief's car, but allegedly served as an undercover car in the 20s and early 30s for the gangbusters unit. This is a level of car collecting that I'm very interested in after understanding that cars like this aren't as expensive as I thought.

Brass era and interwar cars are in a weird place; They can be INCREDIBLY expensive to restore, due to the complete lack of parts, yet aren't comparably valuable when restored, due to lack of demand.

Also, I loving LOVE this thread.

• Locked thread