Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Still have your wedding present, may hold it hostage until I get my tie!

(edit) ain't no thang :)

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jun 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Pontiac Fleetleader, 1952 (Canadian)

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jul 31, 2016

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Digging the neon. I have a radio station clock with the same shade of green neon...

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Need parts?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Gaaahhhh...I want that '58 Super!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Awesome update, thanks.

The Nu-Vues look amazing...I've fantasized about installing twin whip antennas on my Bonneville, behind the rear deck...but I can't bring myself to take a drill to her.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

MullardEL34 posted:

The reproduction Detrola decal went on pretty well for being a water slide.
I used Microsol to blend the decal with the paint surface.

Nice!!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Magnus Praeda posted:

Your friend does good work. That's a very attractive fridge. How much more does it cost to run a vintage fridge like that than a modern one?

I re-wired this '39 GE and replaced the dying relay with a solid-state unit (there's a guy out there that builds them; they're a hell of a lot cheaper than vintage, and work great). I have been running this for the last eight years or so and have noticed no appreciable increase in electricity consumption. It's also quiet as a church.

(edit) also re-gasketed the door with 3M automotive tape seal, and verified it with a paper-pull test. The original seals were shot to poo poo...which will affect your juice consumption. Plus, you'd have to defrost it all of the time.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

LobsterboyX posted:

in the last few years SInclair is making a comeback to So-Cal - and I'm thrilled!

I nearly had an accident in central/north Jersey this past summer, doing a triple-take: they'd opened a Sinclair in South Plainfield.

Last operating Sinclair station I saw before that was in my hometown outside Phila....in 1968.

• Locked thread