Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Team140
Dec 13, 2005

Love the entire theme of your threads! I have a deep appreciation for old iron and really, anything pre mid-60s really.

I'm just sad that I live clear across the country and my city is too boring for art deco anywhere :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Team140
Dec 13, 2005

LobsterboyX posted:

Ahh, I bet its close by, or cleverly disguised, where do you live? Do you still have that chevy?

Thanks!

I'm in Gainesville, FL.

No. I traded the old Chevy off last year. A guy showed up out of the blue to chat about the car one day while I was miffed at all the things it needed - entire rear half of the car from the doors back was going to have to be replaced due to Swiss cheese, fuel tank leaking, engine had worse compression that I originally thought, etc - and offered this for trade:

I traded with the guy and decided pretty quickly that late C3 Corvettes aren't my bag and put it up for sale. 5 days after I got the Corvette, A guy shows up with this plus cash for the Corvette:

I've since traded the CJ7 (which rode like an unloaded dump truck) even for a 2006 Eddie Bauer Ford Expedition. Wife hated it because she doesn't like SUVs so I sold it and replaced it with a Land Rover Discovery that she loves. I will never understand women.

I'm hoping in the next year or two I'll run across something that turns my crank. I miss that old car smell.

Team140
Dec 13, 2005

Raluek posted:

Man, I woulda kept that CJ if I were you. Looks super clean.

It was clean, but it was weak. Had the Iron Duke 2.5 with a 4 speed. It was honest to god the roughest riding vehicle I've ever driven. I've got a Jeep TJ now with the coil spring suspension and I'll never go back to leafs.

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

The disco is pretty much the SUV-est SUV though?

Yep. I think her take on it is with the Jeep and the Disco II, she said it feels like every time she goes somewhere it's like she's going on a safari or adventure. The Disco is just odd enough to keep me interested. I was actually eyeing a couple more this past weekend to buy but decided the smart thing to do was pass on them.

• Locked thread